• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doofus

Just a doofus…really
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2022
    San Antonio
    Looking for a range that has steel targets for a change. Indoor ranges have been fine…just looking to change things up a bit.

What would y’all suggest?

-doofus
    Venture Surplus ad

Doofus

Just a doofus…really
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2022
    San Antonio
    Thanks! Looks like a good place. A little bit of a drive from my place in stone oak, but I will try it out.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Cedar Ridge in Bulverde also has a bay with Steel Targets (texas stars, dueling trees and reactive steel) and a couple of bays dedicated to 22lr with steel.
    They also have a doofus range Nazi as an owner. That being said, the facility is pretty nice. If you like being talked down to, and treated like a child - it might be the place for you.

Doofus

Just a doofus…really
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2022
    San Antonio
    They also have a doofus range Nazi as an owner. That being said, the facility is pretty nice. If you like being talked down to, and treated like a child - it might be the place for you.
    I don’t usually enjoy being treated like a child. Were these experiences recent?

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Is the replacement ok to deal with or should I still avoid it like @toddnjoyce panel van?
    The wife and son run it now. They certainly aren't very social. There is still a short verbal quiz on safety for newbies. They don't bother me any. I tell them the calibers I am shooting and what range I want and that's it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Is the replacement ok to deal with or should I still avoid it like @toddnjoyce panel van?
    This van? Yeah I'm not falling for that one again.
    431836246543827ec2ea1b203a485d5c.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The wife and son run it now. They certainly aren't very social. There is still a short verbal quiz on safety for newbies. They don't bother me any. I tell them the calibers I am shooting and what range I want and that's it.

Shot at 'A Place To Shoot' a few weekends ago and the RSO was somewhat condescending as well.

I get having to ensure everyone is safe on the range, but talking down to customers is a great way to lose them!

It's why I don't and won't shoot at 'The Bullet Hole,' and haven't done so in years!

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    He's been gone for awhile now.

Greg Ferris is gone? That would be glorious. He was an awful person that treated people like children and I think was an overt anti-semite. He has no control of himself or his temper and had the personality of aids infected sandpaper covered in hot sauce.

The sad thing is, it is a fairly great location for a range and the range itself is not bad. I am banned for life. That (insert harshest of language) approaches folks on the range he wants to dress down with his hand on his firearm. Ill stop there....but I do hope he is gone.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Greg Ferris is gone? That would be glorious. He was an awful person that treated people like children and I think was an overt anti-semite. He has no control of himself or his temper and had the personality of aids infected sandpaper covered in hot sauce.

The sad thing is, it is a fairly great location for a range and the range itself is not bad. I am banned for life. That (insert harshest of language) approaches folks on the range he wants to dress down with his hand on his firearm. Ill stop there....but I do hope he is gone.

Which is fairly obvious in his "credentials." He lists going to four universities/colleges, and "100+ college hours accumulated in pursuit of Bachelors degree;" but it is clearly obvious he never actually got a degree as all that happened over four decades ago.

He also lists "Conductor, Yard Foreman, Brakeman, Switchman Qualifications" in his employment history. What does that have to do with running a range other than knowing a source for railroad ties for backstops?!?

He was also only with the SAPD three years. I am sure he left that department to start smithing/selling guns, but to me it's an indication of a bigger story not being told...

It also appeared, based on his employment history, he only worked for other people for a few years at most. I get changing jobs, but normally most stay with an employer for some time. It appears the only way he could please a boss was to become the boss himself!

Again, there's a lot of facts not being shared here...

Also, he's had the reputation of being an ass for at least since I've been in Texas, which has been a while.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Maybe I should give Cedar Ridge another try?
    It’s been some time since shooting there.
    I had a run in with the original owner guy when he walked out BEHIND me on a hot range. He proceeded to jump down my throat saying I was trying to kill him. No one called cold range. He just walked out. I guess I should of had my ESP hat on that day.

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    Which is fairly obvious in his "credentials." He lists going to four universities/colleges, and "100+ college hours accumulated in pursuit of Bachelors degree;" but it is clearly obvious he never actually got a degree as all that happened over four decades ago.

He also lists "Conductor, Yard Foreman, Brakeman, Switchman Qualifications" in his employment history. What does that have to do with running a range other than knowing a source for railroad ties for backstops?!?

He was also only with the SAPD three years. I am sure he left that department to start smithing/selling guns, but to me it's an indication of a bigger story not being told...

It also appeared, based on his employment history, he only worked for other people for a few years at most. I get changing jobs, but normally most stay with an employer for some time. It appears the only way he could please a boss was to become the boss himself!

Again, there's a lot of facts not being shared here...

Also, he's had the reputation of being an ass for at least since I've been in Texas, which has been a while.

I have no Idea why he left SAPD, but he did have a gun shop (or worked at a gun shop) in town and shot a robber. I am not sure of the details. He has got a lot of mileage out of that over the years. I dont hold that against him at all. But as a human being, I am pretty sure he is off his rocker. I think a DNA test would show him to be mostly made up of butthole of truckers and ankle snapping chihuahuas.

It would be my guess that in his mind he has never been wrong about anything.

Many years ago, perhaps 25 or so, there was a gun store in Austin (in a strip center, I think on 183 perhaps as far as Cedar park, I just dont remember) The owner would dress you down like a child if you had your hands in your pockets and kick you out if you did anything other than comply. (Seriously. this was an actual thing) The store did not stay in business long, and no one thought it would. I thought the same thing would happen at Cedar Ridge. I was wrong about that. People have put up with a lot to be able to shoot at that place. People that I used to be real close to (Like Ted Bonnet) have had a pretty stable relationship out there for a long time (it seems stable) . I think Iron Mike might have shot out there a long time ago, I have been out of the SA scene for a loooong time, so hell if I know. (having lived away for so long)

Top Bottom