• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Well, while you are right about that, there is zero good reason to charge per gun as I see it. Charging a daily fee, or a fee for a 1/2 day, would make more sense to me. A daily fee was what I was used to up north. Seems to me they are discouraging, purposefully or not, how many guns anyone brings to the range. I used to often bring at least half a dozen guns with me to outdoor ranges. I'd not be doing that had they been charging a per gun fee, in fact I'd have been doing what the OP is doing - looking for another range.

What would you consider to be a reasonable fee for say half a day?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    No kidding? I thought they were running charities! :rolleyes:

Thank you for being intentionally dense as usual. It's a good color on you.

You asked, you got an answer. An outdoor range with anything more than the bare necessities has a good bit of overhead, and now's going to be the busiest time of the year

Sorry if its not something you agree with, but charging per gun makes a range money, and it works well with how an outdoor range operates.

Good luck in finding an outdoor range that charges per hour, because it doesn't work well

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I used to pay, as best I recall, about $25 for at least a four hour range session or maybe the whole day but I have not been there for at least two years and do not recall for sure. Another range, that I did not shoot at for the most part, charged $20 or $25, I am pretty sure, per day. It was not as nice arange and had less safety protocols in place. You could bring as many guns as you wanted to either. I suppose with inflation, I'd be willing to pay $30 to $35 for a full day or $20 to $25 for half a day. Paying per gun, I'd find an indoor range or an outdoor range in AR that is free or the one I go to for a $20 annual fee.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    What would you consider to be a reasonable fee for say half a day?
    I used to pay, as best I recall, about $25 for at least a four hour range session (or maybe the whole day but think is was half a day) but I have not been there for at least two years and do not recall for sure. Another range, that I did not shoot at for the most part, charged $20 or $25, I am pretty sure per day. It was not as nice arrange and had less safety protocols in place.

At those, you could bring as many guns as you wanted to either. I suppose with inflation, I'd be willing to pay $30 to $35 for a full day or $20 to $25 for half a day but I am not about to pay for a per gun fee when I bring six (6) to a dozen guns (or more) when I want to bring that many. If a range required paying per gun, and I wanted to bring a bunch of guns to have lots of fun, I'd simply find an indoor range or an outdoor range that did not charge per gun; how many guns I bring should be zero considertion to the range owner. How long a time I sped there should be theor only consideration. So, off to a range in AR that is free or to the one I go to for a $20 annual fee than one that charges a per gun fee in TX.

In that regard, Texas ranges are odd, extremely so in my experience. I have been to ranges (outdoors & indoors) in several states (NY, CT, NJ, PA, VT, MA, NH, ME, AR, AL, GA, FL, AZ & that leftist shithole of CA to name those I recall - there may be more). No other ones, to which I have been when I have been there (cannot speak for any changes since I have been to them), ever charged a per gun fee for range use. As I said though, that's since I have been there, maybe that has changed. Then again, what does it matter to anyone how many guns I have with me? It is, or should be, the time at their range for which they should be charging. I am not going shoot and do more wear and tear to the range because I have more guns, it is the amount of time I or anyone shoots that should matter.

Last edited:

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I belong to an outdoor range that you can shoot just about anything pistols, rifles, AK's, shot guns, etc.

I paid $20 for life time membership and it costs me $20 every time I go no matter how long I shoot or how many guns I shoot. I don't go there unless the weather is spectacular and then only during the week when it is not crowded because I don't like the down time for cease fire periods.

For $90 a year (ex-military or first responder rate) I have an indoor range that I only shoot pistols at although it has two lanes for firing rifles but they are only 25 yards. I can shoot any time Monday thru Friday for free and on weekends for $8.95. For $20 more a year, my wife can go shoot for $8.95 any time during the week. We can shoot one lane or two, with as many guns as we want, for as long as we want. It's indoor but not heated or air conditioned so it's fine except when it is real cold. Heat doesn't other me.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Yur'a wordy sob ain't cha'!
    Well only two replies since I said what I said - yours being the 2nd. Since mine was wordier than the one in the middle, I am guessing you meant mine. If so, well yes, I am verbose as I like to make sure I explain myself. Came in handy in getting foreign scum convicted of federal smuggling crimes when going to court. The convictions were in the accurate details. I also like to write to express myself fully when writing.

Now, if you did mean me, let me just say my mother was no bitch and if that is what you meant as relative to me and my mom - go **** yourself asshole. On the other hand, if ya meant that as in a friendly - hey you're a verbose fucker way - yes I most definitely am long worded and please accept my apology for thinking you may have meant otherwise or meant ill of my mom.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Well only two replies since I said what I said - yours being the 2nd. Since mine was wordier than the one in the middle, I am guessing you meant mine. If so, well yes, I am verbose as I like to make sure I explain myself. Came in handy in getting foreign scum convicted of federal smuggling crimes when going to court. The convictions were in the accurate details. I also like to write to express myself fully when writing.

Now, if you did mean me, let me just say my mother was no bitch and if that is what you meant as relative to me and my mom - go **** yourself asshole. On the other hand, if ya meant that as in a friendly - hey you're a verbose fucker way - yes I most definitely am long worded and please accept my apology for thinking you may have meant otherwise or meant ill of my mom.
    I meant you... I was smilin' when I said it! Good'nuff?

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    i have only been to one range that had a per gun charge and that was between Houston & Cypress, but I don't recall the name of it, that was 10 years ago and I was working on a project in Hockley for a year and I would go to that range about once a week for the year I was down there.
    all of the other ranges I go to have either a daily fee or hourly fee, but no per gun fee

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom