• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    20210604_123843.jpg
    these work real well for backyard mosquito control.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Paying somebody to deal with pests is probably the best way to deal with most stuff. I would stay away from a couple of the big national companies, though, and go with smaller, local companies.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    My wife feeds birds, opossums and raccoons. Plus we have Geckos around the house. for the past 15 years, we've had no issues with this type of pest control and very. very few pest around or inside our house and NO the critters do not do any damage to our house or property.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I was visiting my old buddy’s Ralph who lives in the woods 1.5 hours away in Palestine yesterday. He never had the spider problem like my new place. He sprays but couldn’t find what he uses.

I still have the spiders (even our vehicles are covered in webs with spiders)! My front door is also crazy with tiny ass no seeums! They are so thick you have to hold your breath while locking the door, or your going to be breathing them in.
    I’m at the point of trying an electric devices out front hopefully to draw them away from the door!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I use only 100% DDT.

Not really.

I was a Licensed Pest Control Operator. You could at the time get a perimeter spray of a house for about $75. I forget which chem, I'd have to go out into the shed to see what I still have... but I used one with encapsulation, which means it persisted longer and resisted breakdown due to sunlight and air. Meaning, the house doesn't need to be retreated as often.

I really don't like the use of nicotinoid formulas. They work well but the info is that they are really hard on the honeybee population.

You might think about an ecofriendly option too... orange peel pesticides are very effective and can be bought at Walmart, Ace Hardware, etc. You can even make it yourself if you so desire: https://www.ehow.com/how_5614895_make-orange-oil-pesticide.html

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    @baboon

OK, it was Knox-Out 2FM, a commercial preparation of Diazinon. Along with Dursban, both organophosphates, it was banned. They always ban the most effective stuff.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I bought a bunch while still out there. Does the job on fireants.

I was making wasp/yellowjacket stations with poisoned meat... they take it back to the nest and BOOM, an entire football field can be cleared that way. Also worked on pavement ants, but since we got a dog, I just use cornstarch for those lil bastids. It swells up in their tumtums.

Glad you have something that works on those fireants. People were buying Diazinon as fast as they could get it after the announcement that it would be banned. I used a bunch of Dursban on termites, that worked great.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    We live in an area where you can get scorpions on your porch and indoors.
    So after seeing one , the wife said it was either burn down the house or call a bug guy
    The guy came and sprayed the normal stuff inside and outside, but also took a leaf blower and sprayed a fog all around the outside in the bushes and shrubs

Don't know what it was but damn it worked good
    Everything died..scorpions. spiders ..crickets..

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    We live in an area where you can get scorpions on your porch and indoors.

I was visiting friends in a rural area outside San Diego. Their baby was on the LV room floor on a blankie, when I saw a scorpion squirm it's way under the front door threshold.... YIKES!! Lil phuckers. Those lil blonde ones. Will mess up a baby! We had snakes too. And lots of border jumpers. And Poison Oak. And Runny Babbits. The butch next door and I would shoot them with a .22lr and she would skin them out. Good times!

Top Bottom