• ...and so much more!
  • tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    I'm an Okie and travel to Tejas regularly. I'm pretty good on the weapons in vehicles thing, but how does it work for permitless/Constitutional carry on a person? We have similar laws here, but I can't find anything addressing it for out of staters in TX. Anyone have a link or something?

Last edited:

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    I'm an Okie and travel to Tejas regularly. I'm pretty good on the weapons in vehicles thing, but how does it work for permitless/Constitutional carry on a person? We have similar laws here, but I can't find anything addressing it for out of staters in TX. Anyone have a link or something?
    If you can't readily find an answer you need, email me at AndiTurner@TSRA.COM I am not a lawyer but I might be able to help.

ajnanyc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2022
    HTX
    As a new Texan resident, I would like to know if it's worth my time applying for a License to Carry, or to just Constitutionally carry. I know there are some advantages with the LTR, but not sure if it's worth going through the motions of obtaining it. Any recommendations would be appreciated, thank you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As a new Texan resident, I would like to know if it's worth my time applying for a License to Carry, or to just Constitutionally carry. I know there are some advantages with the LTR, but not sure if it's worth going through the motions of obtaining it. Any recommendations would be appreciated, thank you.
    First of all, welcome to Texas and to TGT.

Second, you would need to look over all the laws concerning the differences or advantages of a permit, vs. rather going "permitless". Kind of boils down to a personal preference as to what suits your needs better. Personally, I would never deter anyone from getting a permit, but I sure wouldn't necessarily push them to get one either.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It might be a good time to interject the laws concerning using a "hip grip" as a holster. What I have been able to get so far is that a "hip grip" is considered a holster. But, it was by no means the final word as I've not checked with the "authorities" concerning this. Anyone have any legitimate knowledge regarding the status of a "hip grip" for concealed carry? Not looking for an "opinion", looking for anyone with knowledge of what the authorities think,
    1649892343537.png

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've kept my AZ permit up all these years.

One thing to remember is some states, like Florida, only accept permits if you are a resident of the state the permit is issued in.

But concealed is concealed and while at Pedo world, er Disney world with me on my scooter and so much metal in my back they just waved me thru the metal detectors.

Security weakness.

If I gotta walk more then 20 or 30 minutes I still take my scooter. Or else I need so much percocet I really shouldnt carry anyways.

I have made it thru a couple small gun shows. Took lots of meds and time but I did it.

Now back on the rails.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I highly recommend getting the LTC - yes for the “advantages” but also for the classroom education.
    Alternately I highly recommend taking a similar class that your LGS might offer.
    Constitutional carry doesn’t help one to know when one can shoot.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    I have no issues pushing anyone to get an LTC.

I busted a gut (as did many others) to get CC through and I am darn happy about it. Anything that gets the government out of my God-given rights is alright by me!

Two weeks after passage, I was on the range qualifying for my LTC (there are reasons I couldn't do it the minute I got here --Covid among them).

That said, if you are involved in a self defense shooting, there are legal reasons you WANT the LTC. If you look through this thread I posted a guide to CC and it explains what some of those rights/privileges are. That LTC may save you a LOT of grief! Also, if you are pulled over (carrying or not) it gives most officers a little peace of mind knowing you are not a prior felon and the like.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    "hip grip" for concealed carry
    Concealed carry does NOT require a holster. The real question would be 'printing/exposing'. Personally, I'd not use one as there is NO retention capability. But you could just stick the revolver in your pocket, problem solved.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    "hip grip" for concealed carry
    Concealed carry does NOT require a holster. The real question would be 'printing/exposing'. Personally, I'd not use one as there is NO retention capability. But you could just stick the revolver in your pocket, problem solved.
    With "permitless" carry now a state law, open or concealed, printing/exposing of a firearm would be a non-issue in most cases.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    But the holster clip would 'maybe' not considered a holster which I think was the OPs question. So you wear it under a long tailed shirt or jacket, but it gets exposed - concealed or not? I know Palestine DQ is signed no open carry. You go in, order and open you jacket to pay and get a visit from PO PO. Opps. Or worse, you get your wallet out and (as the gun is just 'hooked' over belt) it drops to the floor. Now if carried IWB, don't see a big problem, not open carry.

Top Bottom