• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Who am I to say no to such a good kid...

Gotta agree.....kids bein' kids, Justin had gone to do something, and while he was, Skip decided to hide from the poor kid!!! He didn't start blubberin' and carryin' on - he just kept lookin' for him - spotted us, and came and asked our help as calmly as you please. I tried to convince him to just leave him behind an' come on with us, but he wouldn't - so we called Skip and reunited 'em. We were VERY impressed that Justin retained his cool and composure!
    Guns International

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    The wife actually decided she wanted to go with this time so we went around lunch time. It was my first time to this gun show and I was impressed! Nice wide range of vendors, and ROOM to move around the isles.

Only gun we bought today was one of the rubber band pistols for my son, saw a really nice 30.06 with scope and hardcase for 300 that I really really wanted to bring home but I just dont have the extra cash for it right now.

Overall great show and I am already looking forward to their next one.

TxAgZ28

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Really liked this show, and REALLY liked the venue. Found my AR stripped lower from SOG. Great guys.

Saw a lot of decent prices, and some really outrageous ones ($600+ for a Glock? Really?)

TexasKaren68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Cibolo
    I had a good time and it was nice to put a face to a few of the names. I'll try to make it to as many of the shows as I can. Maybe next time I'll even buy something :D

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I was definitely nice to meet the faces behind the names. TRN's profile pic was surprisingly accurate. It was a good size show. Not the biggest but the isles were plenty wide. Very nice since it got rather crowded as the day went on. I saw some really good deals on new and used handguns and I mean good. Used glock 22 in good shape for $350. I saw a few that were strangely high but there was so much competition it really made no difference.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Picked up a new FN SLP Mark I shotgun... only one I've seen at a show this year, and the vendor had a couple of them.

Great show, got there around 2:00 and there was a pretty decent crowd. Still in a little sticker shock after the $5 parking and $7 entry, but well worth it since I was able to get the shotgun!

-Randy

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I drove down from Austin today and really enjoyed this show. There were a few vendors that also come to Saxet there but many more that we don't get. I thought the jewelry/jerky to gun ratio was about right. Prices seemed reasonable for the most part, and I overheard several vendors dealing. I got to handle one of those new Walther PPQ's and it took everything I had not to whip out the checkbook on the spot. That was one sweet gun.

My main gripe was the parking/admission fee combo seemed a little steep, although I thought the blood drive option for waving entry fees was a nice touch. Unfortunately I didn't know about it beforehand and didn't have time in the schedule to do it, otherwise I would have.

Good job - keep it up and bring one to Austin!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Parking prices are controlled by the city, so there's nothing the show promoter can do about that.

As for admission, that too is contingent on what the city charges Premier Gun Shows for the venue. Add in the cost of the tables, hiring personnel to work the show, security, etc and you've got some pretty serious logistical costs. Plus, they are a business, so they've got to make some profit from it all.

At least they are trying to expand the venue and bring in more vendors (Michelle said they are hoping to do that by the year after next), so it helps that we do our best to support this show! Premier Gun Shows are doing their best to bring us a first-class show here, and so far they're doing a pretty dang good job of it!

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'll second that - rather than trying to shove more vendors in, they keep things spread out enough that you can walk down the aisles easily. Beats hell outta what SAXET does, even though they could work more room in - or let in a few less vendors.

I'd also LOVE to see 'em stop strollers - sorry, but a child so young does NOT need to be subjected to someone tripping and falling on them!

Red78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    I still have high hopes of meeting ya'll at one of these. Was out of town for my mama's 80th birthday this time around. Glad to see this show gets rave reviews. Looking forward to checking it out next time around.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    When do they plan the next show at Freeman. Unfortunately, I had just picked up a new RIA 1911 Commander and then a Taurus 24/7 OSS in 9mm and hadn't shot them yet so thought it unwise to try and talk my missus into going to yet another show. We went out the range Sunday instead. She really liked the Taurus but it is a bit large for her to carry as it is the one with a 5 1/2" barrel.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    One thought....getting there early beats the crowds....but it beats the crowds looking to SELL something, too. And the dealers are still getting set up, and thinking about the sales they need to make to be worth the trip. What would ya'll think about doin' breakfast at 10 or 11, and delaying getting to the show a bit?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We had this discussion on Saturday. There are pros and cons to all scenarios. We like to go early on Saturday because it 1) avoids the crowds and 2) you get to see all the wares for sale. The downside is that there are fewer private sellers and the vendors are less likely to barter on items.

Some prefer to go later on Sunday as 1) the crowds tend to taper off and 2) the vendors are more willing to wheel and deal. However, sometimes a lot of the "good stuff" has already been sold and what you are picking through is what nobody else wants.

Another reason we prefer Saturday mornings is because it gives us the rest of the day to do other things as a family afterward. Sure, you get to sleep in a little by going later in the day; but if you have any other plans it makes for a tight schedule.

While it's fun to have the crowd at breakfast, it isn't mandatory and there is no reason why a later group couldn't meet up for lunch and go to the show afterward. Anyone who prefers to do so just needs to let folks know, and these threads are the best avenue for that.

We're gonna stick with our early morning post-breakfast attacks on the show, as I am less worried about bargains as I am finding the things I am looking for!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom