• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasKaren68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Cibolo
    I just joined this site (found through TGT members on another board) and will be attending the gun show on Saturday. My first gun show :eek:

I'm trying to talk a friend into going with me, 'cause I feel a bit weird going by myself (just as I said on that "other board"). Anyway, I think my arm was sufficiently twisted over there and I should be joining y'all for breakfast.

Still trying to get a friend to meet up with me at the show after breakfast (or maybe come to breakfast) - do you usually get to the show right when it opens?
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Howdy Karen!

Yep, we are usually at the show when the doors open or shortly afterward (sometimes there is a "race" to see who gets there first, of course TRN is slow and feeble so he never wins! ).

We hope you can meet us for breakfast, half the fun is meeting everyone before the show. You can also let us know what you're interested in that way if anyone sees what you are looking for we can let ya know!

Gun shows are more of a social event for us than anything else, they're about the fun of hanging out with some great folks (and TRN! ) and checking out guns that we may or may not bad. Technically I am "gun broke" for this one as I just bought a Romanian sniper rifle a few weeks back; but I never let that keep me from snagging something if I really want it or if I find a really great deal!

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hi, Karen!

Look forward to meetin' ya Saturday morning!! We'll have M2 on his leash, so other than droolin' a bit, he should be harmless.

As he said, the breakfast get-together is a combination meet-n-greet, yak session an' strategy session for folks to discuss anything in particular they may be lookin' for. I only have a coupla guns, so I'm usually lookin' for something cheap to fit in my budget - folks like Clockwork are loaded, though - they always buy the high-dollar stuff.

Then again, I *did* just deposit a nice li'l check off a job I finished a coupla weeks ago for a customer - so mebbe I'll be able to look at the $300 guns this show.....

See ya!

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I just joined this site (found through TGT members on another board) and will be attending the gun show on Saturday. My first gun show :eek:

I'm trying to talk a friend into going with me, 'cause I feel a bit weird going by myself (just as I said on that "other board"). Anyway, I think my arm was sufficiently twisted over there and I should be joining y'all for breakfast.

Still trying to get a friend to meet up with me at the show after breakfast (or maybe come to breakfast) - do you usually get to the show right when it opens?

Don't feel weird about going alone, you should feel weird about voluntarily hangin out with these characters. Hell, I dont know anybody here so I'll definitely be goin solo.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I will regretfully be absent from this meet. I'm working till 7AM Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings, and know I won't make it to San Antone in less than an hour.

Hope to see all you guys next time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I will regretfully be absent from this meet. I'm working till 7AM Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings, and know I won't make it to San Antone in less than an hour.

Hope to see all you guys next time.

You sure? Because there is *cough* cold going around *cough* that a lot of people *cough* seem to be catching! *sneeze* You surely *cough* wouldn't want to go to work *cough* and get everyone else sick *cough* now, would you?!? *sneeze* :p
    coughing.gif

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just as a reminder (as it's buried in this thread), here is where we're meeting tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 8:00am...

Lazarita's Mexican Restaurant
    166 South WW White Road
    San Antonio, TX 78220

And here's a map if anyone needs directions, but basically it's just south of IH-10/Highway 90 on WW White and look for the green roof just before the Super 8 Motel.

Here's the breakfast menu...

LazaritasMenu-3.jpg

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh, great - fine - post the damned menu.....now I'm hungry!

Fixin' to hit the door in a few minutes - gonna go pick up my new-to-me Colt Trophy! May bring it along tomorrow if I decide on another set of grips for it....will be bringing one of the PortSider Randalls along just in case I see something(s) I wanna swap for.

TexasKaren68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Cibolo
    Just as a reminder (as it's buried in this thread), here is where we're meeting tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 8:00am...

Lazarita's Mexican Restaurant
    166 South WW White Road
    San Antonio, TX 78220

And here's a map if anyone needs directions, but basically it's just south of IH-10/Highway 90 on WW White and look for the green roof just before the Super 8 Motel.

Here's the breakfast menu...

Cheers! M2

I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be able to find everyone. I'll be the girl wearing jeans and a green shirt and looking decidedly nervous and out of place.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be able to find everyone. I'll be the girl wearing jeans and a green shirt and looking decidedly nervous and out of place.

No need to be nervous, we're a weird-looking but friendly bunch. Look for the kid with the mop of red hair, I'll be the old guy sitting next to him in the camo shorts and a black University of Florida Gators t-shirt (I ran out of style sense about fifteen years ago...).

Cheers! M2

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Looks like I won't be at the show until later in the afternoon... as usual. One of these days, I'm going to skip a pistol match to meet up with you guys for breakfast!

-Randy

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    You sure? Because there is *cough* cold going around *cough* that a lot of people *cough* seem to be catching! *sneeze* You surely *cough* wouldn't want to go to work *cough* and get everyone else sick *cough* now, would you?!? *sneeze* :p
    coughing.gif
    Sorry guys. I don't think you'd wanna hang out with me if I did something dishonest and dishonorable like that.

...very tempting though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, it was a great morning! It started out with a good crowd of about 8 or so of us from this forum having breakfast at the restaurant TRN found (and a "job well done" to him, as this was a vast improvement over the last place we ate!). We got to the show just after it opened, and Karen and Levi decided to tag along with me and Stretch (my son). Well, I can only say I hope they found the running commentary helpful, as we are talking about one of my favorite topics (guns! ).

We moved pretty slow through the floor, as there was a lot to see and many questions and discussions going on. We also ran into Shields, who works from Premier Guns, and later Michelle, one of the two owners of the company. Then we bumped into Geoff, their son who is always fun to talk to. He really knows what makes a show tick, and it shows. There was a good crowd and a lot of vendors but we did notice a few that were absent from the last show. Since those folks usually make the SAXET show I can only assume that they are sticking with that venue, but honestly I think the turn-out for this show is bigger. Otherwise, we all handed over some of our hard-earned cash for something (it's bound to happen!). I picked up a small Molle bag and a nice AK-47 t-shirt but when I got home and tried on the latter, it was too small (despite being an XL) so it was donated to the red-headed kid.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the show as much as we did. It's always fun to hang around with folks, it makes it much more enjoyable. We later chatted with Michelle some more and she said that their goal is to extend into the second expo hall within a year or two. I do believe the could pull in the vendors and the nice thing is that instead of cramming everyone into the one building, the nice folks at Premier Gun Shows would rather expand the venue instead of cutting corners like making the aisles more narrow (like SAXET does). It is efforts such as that which make this the best show in SA, and you can bet I will be going to every show they hold when I can!

Cheers! M2

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sounds like a good time! I'll be there tomorrow morning before the meet-up. Any vendors I should look out for with good deals or just exceptionally nice to chat with?

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Another good time getting together with fellow TGT'ers. Enjoyed a good breakfast (Good job TRN!) and meeting Karen and levi. The show was enjoyable but strictly window shopping this time around, did get to handle SA's new 5.25 comp XDm, liked it alot. Bought Justin some Cotton Candy and then went to lunch. Justin wanted to go get some chicken wings....lol Soooo....... Who am I to say no to such a good kid...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom