• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    We had this discussion on Saturday. There are pros and cons to all scenarios. We like to go early on Saturday because it 1) avoids the crowds and 2) you get to see all the wares for sale. The downside is that there are fewer private sellers and the vendors are less likely to barter on items.

Some prefer to go later on Sunday as 1) the crowds tend to taper off and 2) the vendors are more willing to wheel and deal. However, sometimes a lot of the "good stuff" has already been sold and what you are picking through is what nobody else wants.

Another reason we prefer Saturday mornings is because it gives us the rest of the day to do other things as a family afterward. Sure, you get to sleep in a little by going later in the day; but if you have any other plans it makes for a tight schedule.

While it's fun to have the crowd at breakfast, it isn't mandatory and there is no reason why a later group couldn't meet up for lunch and go to the show afterward. Anyone who prefers to do so just needs to let folks know, and these threads are the best avenue for that.

We're gonna stick with our early morning post-breakfast attacks on the show, as I am less worried about bargains as I am finding the things I am looking for!

Cheers! M2

I got a hell of a deal on my M&P 45 early sat. Too bad I was delayed on the NICS check and had to go to Killeen to pick it up today. Still an amazing deal on a brand new hand gun that couldnt be found anywhere else in town.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom