• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joeb1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2019
    Arizona
    I have a small flashlight for my left hand and a Sig P365 with a green Lina365 laser in my right. Light held high and away from my body.

20180914_120712.jpg 20190730_210109.jpg
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 20180914_120712.jpg
      20180914_120712.jpg
      613.9 KB · Views: 454
    • 20190730_210109.jpg
      20190730_210109.jpg
      504.7 KB · Views: 431

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    I for sure have to have a light. I have 2 kids. If something happens in the middle of the night and I grab my gun and bolt down the hallway in GO mode I have to know what I am shooting at before I squeeze the trigger. Also want to clarify, a weapon light is not a flashlight. A weapon light is for target ID/Distraction and nothing else.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Appendix T1C or I have a Davis tactical for strong side IWB, or a OWB belt holster for strong side (got it off eBay)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Appendix T1C or I have a Davis tactical for strong side IWB, or a OWB belt holster for strong side (got it off eBay)

T1 is universally liked. I am probably going to go with a T5 custom kydex. They work fast and do quality work.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Lights & Optics, Really? If you can't center mass a man at a few feet or yards you really shouldn't be carrying.

Opinions are like assholes. We all have them. Personally I want to be able to PID someone in my driveway trying to break into my car or house. Lights add a tactical advantage when activated especially with a high lumen output options. The x300u can blind someone thru their eyelids... and the dot is for more accuracy at distance. Next time your in a grocery store, look at the lines of sight. If you wanted to act if there was an active shooter, could you make that shot from the end of an aisle to the other end? Obviously the other option is to retreat which would be better 95% of the time.

You keep your iron sights, I’ll keep my red dot. In the end, if they get the job done then that’s that

Also have you ever heard of the 21 foot rule? It’s too late at a few feet to draw and fire under 21 feet. Which is why you train in hand to hand and other tactics.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Opinions are like assholes. We all have them. Personally I want to be able to PID someone in my driveway trying to break into my car or house. Lights add a tactical advantage when activated especially with a high lumen output options. The x300u can blind someone thru their eyelids... and the dot is for more accuracy at distance. Next time your in a grocery store, look at the lines of sight. If you wanted to act if there was an active shooter, could you make that shot from the end of an aisle to the other end? Obviously the other option is to retreat which would be better 95% of the time.

You keep your iron sights, I’ll keep my red dot. In the end, if they get the job done then that’s that

Also have you ever heard of the 21 foot rule? It’s too late at a few feet to draw and fire under 21 feet. Which is why you train in hand to hand and other tactics.

Opinions is the primary purpose of this platform. And, the thread started out as "...on your carry..."

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Opinions is the primary purpose of this platform. And, the thread started out as "...on your carry..."

Please refer to the picture posted above. And it is on my carry. As you can see from this photo
    f72c42fc4bb6a3aa16c7e68f072d285a.jpg

Attachments

• f72c42fc4bb6a3aa16c7e68f072d285a.jpg
      f72c42fc4bb6a3aa16c7e68f072d285a.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 299

Inspector43

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Please refer to the picture posted above. And it is on my carry. As you can see from this photo View attachment 197696

Thanks for the respectful feedback. I am 76 years old and grew up with iron sites. Qualified Expert several times in the military with only iron sites. I think I am too old to learn these new gadgets. I would probably be more apt to lose if I tried to learn and apply them.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Thanks for the respectful feedback. I am 76 years old and grew up with iron sites. Qualified Expert several times in the military with only iron sites. I think I am too old to learn these new gadgets. I would probably be more apt to lose if I tried to learn and apply them.

Absolutely. If you get the chance to try a red dot on a hand gun it might help if your eyes are aging

Inspector43

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Absolutely. If you get the chance to try a red dot on a hand gun it might help if your eyes are aging

My wife has a laser on her Ruger 10/22 that she uses for killing armadillos. It is very helpful at night since it is too hard to point a flashlight and aim. Most armadillos are killed at night. I might try a Red Dot. Most of my guns are WW II. Probably would be difficult to configure. I carry a Colt 1991 A1 45 in Commander.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    My wife has a laser on her Ruger 10/22 that she uses for killing armadillos. It is very helpful at night since it is too hard to point a flashlight and aim. Most armadillos are killed at night. I might try a Red Dot. Most of my guns are WW II. Probably would be difficult to configure. I carry a Colt 1991 A1 45 in Commander.

If you were to try a red dot on a handgun you might have to go from full metal 1911 to a plastic gun. My range has rentals and a few have red dots

Top Bottom