• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you read facts in support of statement as attack mode, you are too sensitive. I was simply explaining that I did not pull what I wrote out of my posterior.

You didn't post facts in support. You were being condescending (or at least coming across that way).

I'm interested in learning the facts, and still waiting to hear them. I'm not married to my position that in most situations only one person can be truly "in control" of property. I'd just like to see what the other viewpoint is based on other than "well, I've talked to people". I mean, it's great that you have, but what is the foundation? That's all I want to know.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You didn't post facts in support. You were being condescending (or at least coming across that way).
    No, I was not. Perhaps you perceived it that way, does not make it fact.
    I'm interested in learning the facts, and still waiting to hear them. I'm not married to my position that in most situations only one person can be truly "in control" of property. I'd just like to see what the other viewpoint is based on other than "well, I've talked to people". I mean, it's great that you have, but what is the foundation? That's all I want to know.

Have you even talked to knowledgable people about this? What is the foundation for your belief?

That game goes both ways. lol

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    No, I was not. Perhaps you perceived it that way, does not make it fact.

Have you even talked to knowledgable people about this? What is the foundation for your belief?

That game goes both ways. lol

I've explained my side of it before, but you never did yours. I'm not here to play stupid semantic games, if there's a foundation I'd love to hear it. I'm not tossing your side of the argument to the curb out of hand, I just want to know what it's based on.

My side of the argument is simple: If your decision can be overridden, you are not in control. Whoever has the power to veto your decision is. Example: Person A works at store X. Person B walks in, person A tells them to GTFO for whatever reason. Person C who owns the store hears this, overrides person A's decision and tells person B that he's welcome to stay. To me, person A is not in control, person C is. Now, if person C is out to lunch and person A is either the only person in the place, or is the ranking person in the place (manager, assistant to person C, whatever), then I could see them as being in control, since nobody on premises can override their choice to boot that scumbag B out of the store.

Now then. How is A in control while C is on premises?

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Heck I control my property (premise)........................until my wife does. So I guess I really don't have control after all. But I always get the last word...............Yes Dear!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Somebody must have claimed to be on property under his control as a defense to 46.02. I tried to find one, but everyone claims they were on their own premises.

Top Bottom