• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Any members here with this organization and what are the perks of joining them? I used to talk with their founder CJ Grisham when he was in Twitter before the group got banned.
    Hurley's Gold

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    All I’m going to say is do your homework before joining a cause. Just because an organization starts out with a specific goal does not mean everything they do is beneficial to the cause.

So are you saying you would not recommend joining them? I am doing my homework which is why I am here. Any information is greatly appreciated and if you have direct experience that would be great. I am still an NRA and FPC loyalist and am considering GOA. Open Carry Texas have been instrumental in what we have today in Texas.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Lifetime member of TSRA, while not perfect they are a great organization working to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

My daughter has attended competitions sponsored by them. I liked how during the pandemic they took over competitions while 4H was forced by their County Extensions agents to halt them. I am also leaning towards them as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    OCT gets a bad rap in part from a lot of people jealous that they weren't the ones that got some things pushed.
    OCT gets a bad rap in part from a lot of people jealous that they weren't the ones that got some things pushed.

Well that and CJ can at times be as nutty as Alex Jones on a good rant when trying to make a point.
    Doesn’t mean either of them are wrong, but delivery of the message could be better.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Well that and CJ can at times be as nutty as Alex Jones on a good rant when trying to make a point.
    Doesn’t mean either of them are wrong, but delivery of the message could be better.

Yes I saw many of his videos and he can sometimes come off as abrasive rather than diplomatic but I like he does counter arguments to support his position and he also was very diplomatic to many Texas politicians after the Kory Watkins incident with previous Poncho Nevarez.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yeah. OCT and CJ can be, shall we say, less than diplomatic and very confrontational.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Different people have different opinions, usually based on their underlying presuppositions. My particular set of presuppositions cause me to lean towards thinking that OCT did a lot of good for Texans, and even though they got slandered a lot, and claims were made of their causing harm, they actually had a positive effect in the right direction, just like loud mouths on the left like AOC have driven the policies of the Democrats of late.

Top Bottom