• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Well, I had a positive experience on my first OC..

Went to Market Street supermarket (has a plain no unlicensed guns sign)

Store was not busy, no once noticed. Cashier was a kid, he noticed and asked "what kind of sidearm" I had.

:cool:
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    As many know I'm an AZ native. We always had unlicensed open carry there so everyone open carried no one cared and most never noticed.

I've never had anyone say anything and I carried a hand gun from about 16 to and from shooting and hunting/ usually on my own or with friends/ and from 18 on pretty much everywhere untill I was legally able to conceal because of my job.

My Dad, on the other hand, seemed to always have some idiot notice and act like a pod person from invasion of the body snatchers pointing and screaming at unaltered humans.

He would try to ignore or answer questions if they were legitimately interested in or never saw open carried guns.

Finally when someone was being a real ass in a restaurant or other public place, cause the manager always asked him to leave even though the hoplophobe was the one in melt down, he started to nip it in bud the first comments. It was usually a what are you afraid of or do you think your a bad ass or some other annoying comment.

So finally when the attitude and questions started he would say, "I work for a hidden camera tv show and we use this to figure out who the most ignorant ass in the room is so we can avoid them. They are usually too stupid to allow on tv due to ratings. We find people dont like loud ignorant idiots as they arent funny."

Bam! I never heard one person respond after that. Usually others around clapped or laughed but they didnt answer.

The first time I heard him say it I was awestruck, how did he come up with it as it wasnt like him. It was in line at a sizzler restaurant and everyone shut up. My mom waved her hand un front of the lady's face and snapped her fingers and asked are you ok? Then said you might want to close your mouth your jaw is hanging down.

I was 14 or so and being a teenager I damn near died laughing out loud. With that everone else did and we moved on.

I guess that's where the ars hole traits come from lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Had a nice discussion with our waiter at Alamo Springs Cafe yesterday after he complimented my XDM Competition Series that I was OC'ing. More times I get people asking about what I'm carrying, but occasionally I notice a few folks acting a little uneasy when they notice. Don't know why, I don't know of any criminals that OC before robbing a place!

I OC as much as I can, and I use a Tucker and Byrd leather holster that am sure doesn't meet the requirements of some on here but it does meet the letter of the law. Texas did right by removing the retention holster requirement before passing open carry! We have enough nanny-state laws, we didn't need another one!

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Thanks, positive stories do help. Just like when I started CC, I was self conscious when I OC'd the first time. I'm sure that will pass soon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom