• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    Where are you guys getting your ammo from online. Seems like everything is gone or dramatically over priced. Big box stores are done in Houston from what I can see.

I have a 300 blk and an Ak-47. The ak is relatively easy to keep feed.
    I want to take a carbine fundamentals class soon and I cannot find plinking ammo at all.

Where do you get your online ammo from?
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Where are you guys getting your ammo from online. Seems like everything is gone or dramatically over priced. Big box stores are done in Houston from what I can see.

I have a 300 blk and an Ak-47. The ak is relatively easy to keep feed.
    I want to take a carbine fundamentals class soon and I cannot find plinking ammo at all.

Where do you get your online ammo from?

AmmoSeek is probably your best bet to locate, but know that some in stock listings are slots for back orders that may or may not ever ship.

Reactions: HCS

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Every time someone asks I look again and see how much worse it is than the day before. I even just looked for the 77gr TMK stuff which is pretty pricey. That’s gone too.

I’m gonna buy some M118LR this week since there is some available and the price is good.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Hoji and oldag summed it up.

With gun sales setting new records nationwide, plus blm rioters and antifa lunatics storming neighborhoods and democrat mayors laughing when their cities are conquered (seattle) or set ablaze (minneapolis), everybody is stocking up.

Plus, everyone freaks out each Presidential election, because of the very real chance that if a democrat wins, our 2A rights will go down the toilet. That's only 4 months away.

This isn't going to end anytime soon, so buy extra when you can, or get into reloading.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I guess you just need to know where to buy it.
    The only ammo that I buy is Rimfire and 40 S&W,I load everything else that I shoot. Cost wise,it's cheaper for me to buy 1000 rounds of 40 S&W than it is to buy the components and spend the time loading them. I do load all of my defensive ammo,but target ammo isn't worth the time spent reloading it,for the amount that I shoot.
    I just ordered another 1k rounds last night with free shipping,got the tracking # a few minutes ago.

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I think will be making the wife mad at me soon. I think SG ammo and ammoseek will be the route I go. I have a good history with SG ammo. They are sold out for the most part though.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Another good thing to check on sites, especially some of the lesser known sites advertising great prices or not, is if their inventory is live. You can check this by adding some ridiculous amount e.g. 100,000, to your cart. Generally if it allows me to do that, it tells me that there is a risk I may or may not get my actual order. In these times, I would stay away from sites like that.

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    Another good thing to check on sites, especially some of the lesser known sites advertising great prices or not, is if their inventory is live. You can check this by adding some ridiculous amount e.g. 100,000, to your cart. Generally if it allows me to do that, it tells me that there is a risk I may or may not get my actual order. In these times, I would stay away from sites like that.
    Thanks for the tip it is much appreciated!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The time to buy ammo is when you see it available. You will pay higher prices now than in recent years but you may pay even higher prices up through and possibly even after the elections in November. Even if President Trump retains the presidency, it is possible that the dems will take control of the Senate and keep power in the House. If so, ammo prices may soar way above what they are now. Buy it at today's prices or not - either way is a gamble.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    +1 for SGAmmo also try Target Sports USA, of course they have squat right now. Back in the good 'ole days (6 months ago), at Target Sports, you could order on Monday and get it by the next Monday. Always had good luck with them.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston

I was looking at the Golden Bear 7.62x39. Hoping it comes back in stock Friday. That would be great for me. I would buy 1k rounds at 26 cents.
    The federal eagle would be my next choice. That is 75 cent a round. I’d stop at 500 rounds.
    The 300 blackout ammo is really what would break the bank that best price is 65 cents a round. The stuff I normally shoot is around 95 cents or more now. Used to be 65 cents.

Top Bottom