• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coonan357

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Just below the panhandle of Texas
    I thought I had the best idea for an old pallet jack. It was non-op and free.
    I disassembled it and cut the legs off. My plan was to affix a swinging plate in the front wheel opening for .22lr practice.
    At ninety yards from my bolt .22 the Herter's ammunition put slight dents in the legs and main body. Up closer the dents were more noticeable, but no metal spalling (is that the right word?)
    I even shot forty rounds into a small area up close and personal, but it only made a larger dent with no penetration.
    I had really hoped the metal would have resisted better, but these will be good for one-hundred yard rifle practice. Especially once I put the small swingers in the wheel openings.(and get more free pallet jacks)
    1000003728.jpg
    1000003730.jpg
    1000003729.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Another steel target story...

My dad often would bring up the time a coworker of his dropped a milk crate of silhouettes on his beloved S&W Model 41. It put a deep scratch across the barrel. He sent it to S&W and they refinished it free of charge. He was really impressed with S&W after that.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had one soft steel and four t1 steel chickens, full size per IHMSA. One full set, 5 chickens, 5 pigs, 5 turkeys and 5 rams for.22 per IHMSA. That soft steel chicken took a hit from a 22.250 at 50 yards, almost went through it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Back while living in Houston while walking the dog I thought man hole covers might mage a great gong. The only thing preventing me from helping myself to a few of them is the thought of myself driving into one that missing.
    You'd think railroad tie-plates would be great too, but they are kinda soft and half the fun we had was shooting them too close and showering ourselves with splatter.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Well smart ass..these 22 LR targets are on my short range and are made as 22 LR targets..spinners, flippers and such.

Maybe you should go around and do shooting range consulting where you show up and tell everyone how to set up their fucking gun ranges to suit your dumb ass.
    What he said is a good and reasonable idea... No need to get snippy with him over offering a viable solution to a failure.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    What he said is a good and reasonable idea... No need to get snippy with him over offering a viable solution to a failure.

Re-reading through it all, what I said could definitely be taken as rude, or it could be read as "do what you want, I don't want to argue about it". Either way, I'm guessing that fellah was having a bad day, and I set him off. I've lost my head and showed my ass plenty myself. It happens.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Back home we use to go shooting at an old rock quarry. There was a great variety of metal all about the place. They had a steel structure for loading material into barges, and that was fed by two different conveyor belts that was all kinds of steel structures.

Most of us poor kids made that our private resort, shoot swimming & exploring the place

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Back home we use to go shooting at an old rock quarry. There was a great variety of metal all about the place. They had a steel structure for loading material into barges, and that was fed by two different conveyor belts that was all kinds of steel structures.

Most of us poor kids made that our private resort, shoot swimming & exploring the place
    Sounds like a great place..

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Sounds like a great place..
    The route 6 quarry was cool as it was a bunch of land. The guys with there lifted 4X4's would look rather stupid when people would drive in driving every POS beater that most of use drove. Lots of dirt bikes too.

The two other quarry's Brandon road and Richards street had towering cliffs to jump from. For a bit longer drive there were old strip mines to go phuc around at.

The land that the Route 6 quarry was on was bought and made into a river boat gambling resort.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom