Gun Zone Deals

On death and dying.. please read.. one of ours is in peril..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    i'm afraid this one is simple, and straight to the point.. one of ours is dying.. in the middle of the worst time in his life, he's excepted an offering of prayer.. That cross on the avatar matters, i'm not ordained, and i'm praying the Lord guides every word i type.. that these may be his words in prayer and not mine..

Outside of prayer the only way we can help is to understand how hard this is for him.. Imagine dealing with the worst news you can hear, and then having your "escape" taken away by being treated differently.. pretty simple solution.. We all treat him the same.. Here's what i know

Some months ago i posted a thread about having good news with my prostate c..and that a bleak diagnosis after failing radiation twice had been revised due to to new treatment response..

Aces and eights commented, then sent me a pm.. he was going through a major battle with cancer, and wishing me the best. it also started a friendship.. four days ago i "had a feeling" and sent a pm.. Bob wrote back that he had just finished his worst round of chemo.. and that the C/T was scheduled for the following day.. yesterday he sent the results, and they're the worst news one can imagine.. The oncologists have given our friend a limited time on this earth.. Bob and his Wife are in the grip of pure terror... Will you all join me in this prayer.

Lord there are some things we know..We know that bad things happen to good people..We know that life has hurdles, and barriers that we can't begin to understand.. We also know your promise not to give us more than we can handle.. Father, our friend Bob and his Wife have more than they can handle, please somehow turn this around for them, that the Doctors were wrong, and that they can grow old together..

Please hold Bob and his family in the palm of your loving hands, and let them know how sorry we all are for their suffering..

Father we pray that this is not Bob's time to leave this earth, that you might let him stay with us a while more, and only take him if your grand plan makes him needed in heaven more than he's needed here..

In your holy, and forever name... amen

Guns International

Brains

One of the idiots
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with, and thankfully beat, P.C.
    Prayers from me, definitely.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Amen. God bless you and your family, Bob. If you need anyone to talk with, I'm here my friend. Keep your head up and think positive. You can beat this!

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    A co-worker ... a close friend ... got the news yesterday morning.
    Terrible news all the way around.

As/8s is added and please add "Angie" to the growing list.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Amen, and one other thing:

I lost my mother to cancer. One day her oncologist told her he was giving up on her and withdrawing treatment. Needless to say, that was a slap in the face to her. I had a few choice words for him, but the damage was done. He had given up on Mom, which crushed her spirit.

The next day she passed away.

Aces and Eights, if there is nothing else you do, DO NOT GIVE UP. Do not stop fighting. **** this disease, it is a small thing and you MUST NOT let it take anything from you without a fight. I firmly believe the oncologist (who himself has since retired after being diagnosed with cancer) pulled the rug out from under my mom when she could have kept fighting, and I will never forgive him for it.

Fight. Keep fighting. Don't give an inch. Don't let any doctor tell you there's no hope, because that's bullshit. Where there is life there is hope.

Every day on this earth is precious and is worth fighting for, and here's hoping you're still around and posting for a good long while.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    Amen, and one other thing:

I lost my mother to cancer. One day her oncologist told her he was giving up on her and withdrawing treatment. Needless to say, that was a slap in the face to her. I had a few choice words for him, but the damage was done. He had given up on Mom, which crushed her spirit.

The next day she passed away.

Aces and Eights, if there is nothing else you do, DO NOT GIVE UP. Do not stop fighting. **** this disease, it is a small thing and you MUST NOT let it take anything from you without a fight. I firmly believe the oncologist (who himself has since retired after being diagnosed with cancer) pulled the rug out from under my mom when she could have kept fighting, and I will never forgive him for it.

Fight. Keep fighting. Don't give an inch. Don't let any doctor tell you there's no hope, because that's bullshit. Where there is life there is hope.

Every day on this earth is precious and is worth fighting for, and here's hoping you're still around and posting for a good long while.

i wasn't going to respond on this thread, just to honor Bob, but i'm in such agreement with the above from Zod that i have to.. is it possible that the collective positive "will" of a large group can turn this around.. DAMN RIGHT!!

Bob.. Let's start right now.. this second .. to look at throwing that diagnosis back in the o's face.. i didn't like the attitude (based on how you expressed it) he had with the dismissive "that's it, see ya, out in 3 or 4 crap".. So let me answer a question you posed.. how could he know.. HE DOESN'T .. just based on statistical averages.. I beat those averages Bob, THOUSANDS have beat those averages..

So how bout this for a plan.. You're going to be around next summer.. period end of story.. that's not that far off the mark.. at this point you try alternative medicine that's helped millions.. In the summer when we've beat the first diagnosis we reset the bar..

This is not over till YOU'RE ready for it to be over..

Top Bottom