APOD Firearms

On death and dying.. please read.. one of ours is in peril..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I read "the post" and have not been able to read more. I just got through it. When I read Aces passed, my allergies flared up really bad. I just couldn't stop my eyes from watering.

But, I guess I can say Godspeed, and God Bless Aces. I am glad you are in a place of comfort and warmth. You're family and loved ones are in our prayers. I hope they can be comforted by the knowledge that you are now pain free and watching over them. And I pray you can see the effects you have had on others and your uplifting spirit.

We will miss you brother!

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    our Friend Bob..

Most everything in life has an ending as well as a beginning .. Sadly this is related to ending ..

Bob's wife was good enough to send this picture to us.. Us being Angelia, Robert, and myself..
    The response to every update from Bob or his wife has always been "please tell us if we can do anything," .. I've passed on everything, and anything you guys have requested.. and I'm sure she knows our offer is heart felt.. Cold hard reality is this is the end of those updates.. I felt Bob's memory and what we could do to honor him was to important to tackle alone..and while we pm'd, in many ways you guys knew him better than i did, so there's three people involved in this now..

What do you guys think . would it be possible to remember Bob someway besides just a lock on this thread..I'm saying this because it did go 15 pages, and because neither of them asked for a thing.. I'm pretty sure both the monitors, and owners are open to what ever suggestions we might have.. I can't think of anything we could do that would mean more to her than remembering Bob in someway.. could the next Hick's have a "Bob Ford" event inside of it so his name would live on in some manor.. What a tribute to show his wife how respected Bob was.. How could that not help her at this time.

Bob connected with a lot of us for different reason.. i know everyone who talked to him liked him, and enjoyed his company.. an easy going guy with an open smile. there were times (because we were both dealing with cancer) that he would open up about how sick the chemo was making him, because of this "shared" condition most of our conversations were about his illness.. i wish i could revisit the pm's... i can tell you that i always felt while i was reading them that if mine got bad i hoped i could have his attitude..

This isn't about cancer, thank God mine, like most has responded to treatment, Some like Bob's don't, but he was so much more than that, and i know in my heart he would want to be remembered for things "other" than his illness.. Bob hunted, Bob gardened.. and Bob liked people..I think all of us who counted him as a friend have different memories .. You guys knew him as a member you had shot with.. Everyone who i've talked to says the same thing.. That he was in every way a "gentle" Man, and a good man.. i know he's in our prayers every day..

Attachments

• AcesSmall_zps20b74527.jpg
      AcesSmall_zps20b74527.jpg
      16.9 KB · Views: 160
    Last edited:

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    He had a good friend in you. Ask Elbe about something for Hicksville.
    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

already have, and she's been outstanding.. might be to early for this time, but with the "theme" being cards (aces and eights..) pretty easy to see a card table and a pistol on it.. "surrender" position.. plates mean serious timing and a lot of area.. one target (that could be real fun) at 7-10 yds and 6 shots.. makes EVERYBODY competitive.. just a matter of timing ..say 20 seconds.. (10 with a 22 and all guns are even)..

A note about the post above.. and PLEASE guys .. not "looking" for something here.. no "it's great" stuff... it's NOT great.. and i mention this as i enlisted Angelia and Robert to help.. and i don't want this reflecting on them.. i couldn't get the original pic that Bob's wife sent me down to a file size that would post.. when (they) did i took it from there on, and once i started posting it last night things went from bad to worse.. couldn't center .. couldn't get rid of the thumbnail.. i mention this for two reasons.. One it was my fault no one else's and ..

Bob and his wife deserve more.. they deserve the best, not once did i hear Bob or Her complain or ask for anything in anyway.. a remarkable couple that deserved a lot better.. At least they know they have our thoughts, and prayers..

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I ain't sure why, but I thought about Aces this morning on my commute.

I guess I miss Bob. 1 year later. Gone but not forgotten.
    Enjoy your rewards buddy.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think of him on occassion too. My PM box needs to be purged but I haven't deleted his yet. Kinda strange .... I know.

I got to meet him at a Hicksville event I was running late for. He had been there for quite a while and was leaving. It was a good encounter. :)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    He has been in my thoughts also over the past year. He didn't live too far from me but by the time I knew of his situation it was too late to really get to know him.

RIP Bob.

Top Bottom