APOD Firearms

Olmos Park, TX police still assaulting people who open carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I don’t even have to click the video to know that. I also do not click videos that have a neckbeard on the cover.

Betcha he has a whole lot of N95 masks for sale on eBay.

Edit to add ;
    He may be a perfectly nice guy who represents us well and the above opinion is mine alone and based off absolutely nothing but judging a book by the cover.
    :green:
    Hurley's Gold

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Olmos Park Texas will permanently be relocating to New Jersey where they will be welcomed with open arms.

No matter what you think of OCT there can be no doubt that the Olmos Park police violated the law arresting these people, tasering them, and denying them their rights. The videos that are posted are clear as day. Just because the OCT people set the rat trap doesn't mean the police have to become rats. It is not illegal in Texas to open carry a rifle on public streets. These cops knew that what they (the police) were doing was in violation of the law. Apparently all are still on the job, still violating the law.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    No matter what you think of OCT there can be no doubt that the Olmos Park police violated the law arresting these people... It is not illegal in Texas to open carry a rifle on public streets. These cops knew that what they (the police) were doing was in violation of the law.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm

The police will argue the rifles were carried in a manner calculated to alarm.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Why was the guy arrested in the OP video? What would he be charged with? Open carrying a rifle is not illegal as far as I know. So, is he in trouble bc of past behavior & police can reasonably assume is intentionally disturbing the peace?

Is there really any chance of these guys winning a civil suit?

Still waiting for answers. In this thread we have a few OCT supporters & others of us trying to understand. None of the OCT supporters in this thread will answer any questions about the situation.

"Olmos Park bad" is beginning to sound a lot like "orange man bad". Because reasons.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Still waiting for answers. In this thread we have a few OCT supporters & others of us trying to understand. None of the OCT supporters in this thread will answer any questions about the situation.

"Olmos Park bad" is beginning to sound a lot like "orange man bad". Because reasons.
    That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Any updates on this? Anyone on facecrack keeping up than can give an update?

The march went off without any issue. Olmos Park PD stayed out of site for the duration. A DPS helo showed up at 1pm and circled around for a while before it left.

Last edited:

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX

Only the Chief knows his own intent for the arrest, the rest of us can only speculate and go off the arrest affidavits. We do know that their previous arrest affidavits had lies in them that the video footage contradicted.

There is one lawsuit by the camera woman who was pushed by that one officer. CJ Grisham and Jim Everard will be filing their own lawsuits in the near future before the statute of limitations runs out.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Only the Chief knows his own intent for the arrest, the rest of us can only speculate and go off the arrest affidavits. We do know that their previous arrest affidavits had lies in them that the video footage contradicted.

There is one lawsuit by the camera woman who was pushed by that one officer. CJ Grisham and Jim Everard will be filing their own lawsuits in the near future before the statute of limitations runs out.
    Are the arrest affidavits on-line? I couldn't find them.

Top Bottom