Join TexasGunTalk

Olmos Park, TX police still assaulting people who open carry.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by OFFascist, Feb 7, 2020.

1. cycleguy2300

cycleguy2300 Active Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thank goodness cops are better trained and better behaved than 20 or 30 years ago... back then there were no cell phone cameras, no body cams, less policies about reporting use of force incidents. 20 or 30 years ago this kind of apparent abuse would not have been known to anyone beyond those cops and the 2 or 3 that were actually involved...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

OFFascist likes this.
  2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    There were some bad apples then and there are some bad apples now. I will not knock the LEO's of fifty or sixty years ago.

I think more LEO's were allowed to show judgement then. Knowing who to come down on hard and who to scare the crap out and then let go. Where to draw the line, where to look away. Seems that now, LEO's are more bound by procedure. And that has both pros and cons.

3. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict Lifetime Member

May 25, 2009
    It's election time. A good time to get the state AG and Governor involved so they can look like they're taking a stand for gun rights of the citizens. And it will be a good opportunity for all the other races to take sides or fall back to political speech.

He should be using that to his advantage.

jordanmills likes this.
  4. Axxe55

Axxe55 Active Member

Dec 15, 2019
    East Texas

Better trained and behaved? Seriously? I'm seeing more and more patrol officers, and county deputies that are dressing, and acting like they are members of some elite SWAT team, in small towns.

The county where I live, the sheriff's department services about 6K to 7K in residents in the county. Our elected sheriff has equipped his deputies like they are SWAT commandos. A couple of years ago, he petitioned the county for TWO armored personnel carriers! He was turned down. Point of reference, there is not a lot of crime in our county. They bust a few tweakers a year running meth labs, some stolen cattle, and a few stolen vehicles. But violent crime? We do have some occasionally, but it's few and far between.

You can believe what you want, but officers and deputies of years ago, took pride in the slogan, "to protect and serve" and personally, I'm seeing far from that now.

jordanmills likes this.
  5. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I doubt much has changed. 50-60 years ago you couldn’t pull a magic screen out of your pocket and pull up every report of abuse by law enforcement in .3 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20, majormadmax and Axxe55 like this.
  6. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Can anyone answer these questions?

7. candcallen

candcallen Well-Known

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They can make him show proof his.

Yes I know they took it from him and it's not stolen so it's his. So now he has to become a circus bear and jump thru flaming hoops of bullsheit but....

8. studenygreg

studenygreg Active Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I still havent decided what to think of all of this. I may be missing some pieces of the puzzle. On one hand I dislike what I have been seeing out of Olmos Park. On the other hand, I also dont like seeing people go out and intentionally create conflict with police or anyone else. Once again , I will repeat that I probably dont know everything that is going on with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce, TX OMFS and Axxe55 like this.
  9. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    to protect and serve is a ******* joke.............police are not the friends of regular folk.

10. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    you jest