• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Just a friendly reminder or PSA.

I have a lot of Surefire lights but the Olights are really good quality and have been happy with them. I would recommend them.

For the price of a Surefire, I got 3 Odin Mini kits and 5 other lights for free. Three hundred bucks.

The sale ends in one or two days so get em at great prices while you can.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've been impressed with their offerings. My only gripe...the laser is much weaker than stand alones which are typically 7mw. I think it's 5mw and the range is effective but limited. Acceptable considering the integration.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Thanks for the heads-up, Brother. Just bought two rail lights with green lasers. 110.00/ea. Not looking for a super powerful laser. Want my wife to have one though for her nightstand. The other one will go somewhere useful, I'm sure. I have one I keep on my Colt 1911 CRU and really like it. Charges are long lasting.

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    I have a Valkyrie on a G19........good light.
    I like the pro Valkyrie a lot. I also put a PL-Mini 2 on my G19X and the rechargeability feature of both is great. The BF sale on the pro Valkyrie ($91) was too good to pass up, so I ordered another one yesterday. They had a better deal on the mini a month ago ($56) but $63 is still good. I don’t have a TLR-1 but the pro Valkyrie is pretty bright at 1500 lumens and seems well made.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    M600,

How well does it compare to the TLR-1 for ruggedness?

Same?

Superior?

Thanks!

In all honesty, I don't think I'd ever push those lights far enough to find out which one would break down first.

However, my experiences are actually that I've only had Surefire things break. I've owned many light companies but it's always a Surefire part that breaks.

1. XT00, one of the claws of the hinge that opens and closes the battery door.
    2. XT00, the plastic tab that keeps the battery door closed.
    3. X300, 3 X300 heads. All replaced but still...
    4. M600, while mounted to an MLOK mount, the threads were stripped out by a screw.
    5. ST07, cable came out and wires exposed with little use.
    6. ST07, stopped working (not the same switch as number 5)

I think that's it. They are huge deals but still, no other accessories or switches have broken on my other lights. Can't say the cause was that I used them more, because most of them were on weapons that I used just about as much as weapons with other brand's lights. Still an awesome light and an awesome company. I would buy the lights all day long but third party accessories (switches, mounts) are probably better.

The other thing I can add is that I've bought a LOT of scouts off of mil guys, after they get back home from deployment and man those things are beat to hell but always work perfectly fine. Therefore, I can't imagine that other light companies can possibly be more rugged. I just don't think there's any room for improvement, outside the realm of getting them to perform better in extreme temps and consuming less energy.

My conclusion is that it doesn't take a combat vet to tell you that Streamlight is a rugged and reliable light. The market pretty much makes these decisions for us and lets us know what products can be trusted. If I were ever to go to war, I'm taking a Surefire, but if I need a light and there is no extreme situation in sight, I'm going to buy the best light for my buck, assuming I won't need it for those extreme scenarios we all day dream about. BUT, I still recommend everybody have at least one of everything in every category that WILL perform in those scenarios.

Also, consider this; While Olights and other brands are rechargeable and save money on batteries, that aspect does have it's downfall. That downfall is that in some of those lights, there is no option to run off of regular batteries. So when it dies, it's dead until you get a chance to charge it. So I don't recommend lights like the mini pistol lights from Olight. I have one on my EDC, but that's only because I can charge it anywhere. In those extreme situations that most of us will most likely never see, you probably won't be able to charge your light for some time, if at all. So any light that you may get for SHTF or whatever, make sure it accepts replaceable batteries.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Ordered back in November. Still have not received. Lost by USPS. But Olight does not want to do anything about it.

And apparently they farm out their customer service to China. Don't know if the company is Chinese or not.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Ordered back in November. Still have not received. Lost by USPS. But Olight does not want to do anything about it.

And apparently they farm out their customer service to China. Don't know if the company is Chinese or not.

Shit man, sorry to hear.

I believe the whole company is Chinese. I've had no problems with them at all. I've had to contact them over a couple of lights and they always seem to get the ball rolling right away. I was even offered two free lights, on top of the free lights I was already getting, just for having to message them.

Have you tried contacting USPS? My lights all came through Fedex, so I wonder if they use different curriers for different cities or whatever.

I hope it gets figured out.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Mine is also coming USPS. Shipping label created 12/4 but still shows sitting at Queens, New York distribution center as of 12/16.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Mine is also coming USPS. Shipping label created 12/4 but still shows sitting at Queens, New York distribution center as of 12/16.

That's crazy. I got mine fast. It was a lot of lights too. I did get one of my free lights in a separate package, late. The two lights they offered me didn't go out until about 2 days ago, so maybe there's some recent issues causing delays.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It will either arrive or I will tell the credit card company not to pay, so not a big deal.

Zach5065

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2020
    Austin
    I like the pro Valkyrie a lot. I also put a PL-Mini 2 on my G19X and the rechargeability feature of both is great. The BF sale on the pro Valkyrie ($91) was too good to pass up, so I ordered another one yesterday. They had a better deal on the mini a month ago ($56) but $63 is still good. I don’t have a TLR-1 but the pro Valkyrie is pretty bright at 1500 lumens and seems well made.

Same here. I mounted mine Pro on SW MP. It is a real solid piece.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Been watching this sale,
    E4516AF1-2276-429B-982A-09614789E555.png
    debating if I need one. Saw this posted today on the Tavor group. People are saying they don’t used lithium batteries so I’m curious what happened.

Top Bottom