• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Does anyone know of a place that buys older, less-desirable shotguns? I have at least two that were given to me that are just collecting dust. I'm hoping to find someone who would like to have them, possibly restore or retrofit them.

• WesternField Model M175B 20 Ga, "C-Lect choke", bolt action, 26" barrel, chambered for 2 3/4" and 3" shells, blind box mag
    • Marlin, Glenfield Model 778 12 Ga, whopping 40" barrel, pump action, chambered for 2 3/4" and 3" shells

Thanks for any input.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Does anyone know of a place that buys older, less-desirable shotguns? I have at least two that were given to me that are just collecting dust. I'm hoping to find someone who would like to have them, possibly;ly restore or retrofit them.

• WesternField Model M175B 20 Ga, "C-Lect choke", bolt action, 26" barrel, chambered for 2 3/4" and 3" shells, blind box mag
    • Marlin, Glenfield Model 778 12 Ga, whopping 40" barrel, pump action, chambered for 2 3/4" and 3" shells

Thanks for any input.
    Why don’t you post‘em here in the classifieds section?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yes sir, I probably will, just wondering if there was a one-stop shop that might take them both.
    Probably an LGS might do a consignment for you, or even buy them outright. Or, there’s always a pawn shop, but expect half value going through them. Personally, I’d try here first. If it doesn’t work then might see if you can get a consignment at an LGS. Last resort would be to sell to a flipper like a pawn.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I appreciate all of the input gents. I'll start for sale threads if needed, but there seems to possibly be interest already, so here are a couple of pics. The barrel on that Marlin was just too damn long to get all in the shot, lol.

I never intended this to be a for sale thread, so if the mods prefer, I can make those posts as well.

marlin778.jpg westernfield175b.jpg

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I sure do appreciate everyone's input and counsel. The Marlin is already with it's new owner, and I will post the Westernfield in a for sale ad.

Top Bottom