• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Stopped by the local coffee shop today and the owner was on her laptop dealing with the FB fallout from one of the Karens who posted a political/social comment in support of the protest/rioters. She was apparently "unfriended" by dozens of her FB compadres and had been frantically asking all of her former "friends" why they deleted her.

I think my old Nextdoor amigos are going to be glad to see me go since I would occasionally have enough and call them out on their nonsense which caused a lot of butt hurt which was usually followed by the local mod posting "can't we all just get along". Bite me!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A couple of years ago, there was a huge dust-up on Facebook between the city council and the VFD. Of course people took sides. I took the side of the VFD, and I don't live in that city, per say. But I called out my ex BIL over some of his nonsense he was spouting off about, (his older brother was a council member!) and two of my nieces un-friended me on Facebook over my comments toward my POS ex-BIL!

Things changed drastically when most of the corrupt council members were voted out, including ex-BIL's brother who was a council member!

I pretty much quit doing Facebook after that drama.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have an account on Nextdoor. It can be ridiculous. There are a few dog warriors out there that pick up every stray dog. One day I was working in my back yard and left the gate open on a trip to the trash can. In under 1 minute a lady was trying to pick up my wife's Pomeranian. Lucky for me and him, he was a ninja, and the lady never had a chance. I took a quick pic of her and her car, complete with license plate.

I then yelled at her and asked her why she was trying to kidnap my dog. She was trying to "help get him home."

"He's already home. If you leave him the hell alone he will walk back into my yard."

The funny part was that I put her pic and car license plate up on Nextdoor and told everyone to be on the lookout for this lady who tried to steal my dog. LOLOLOL. The fallout was glorious.

People like me jumped right in there and offered funny commentary. Her dog-napping friends defended her. It was great entertainment.

I pretty much only get on there for sale stuff and restaurant reviews.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Regarding the BLM statement, it's become the latest corporate "Me Too!" movement.

They have to show they care. They didn't a few years ago when it was first starting but now that the movement has gained more momentum, they're on the bandwagon too.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've heard of next door, but never been on it. I think we're up to 17 houses I can see now if I walk all the way around my house and count.

It says I can be the founding member of my neighborhood. I figure that's probably a good sign, so I canceled my registration.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    F350-6, obviously IMO, you ain’t missing much!

And, in a way, it’s really kind of a shame. I still can’t help but feel there’s some kind of way to make use of a good “Neighborhood Watch” empowerment tool out of it. By the time I “pulled the plug” on it, some people were beginning to post their ‘Ring’ doorbell photos, etc. of suspicious door-to-door solicitors and the like. But, of course, the Karens were also hot on their tails about it, for one reason or another. Again, just another reason I decided to leave them to their own nosy busybody echo chamber - I figure they enjoy each other’s company. Too bad for the neighborhood, but ya can’t miss what the Karens would never allow you to have.

Top Bottom