• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    my daughter in law remembers reading one of my gardening magazines few years ago where they had ads for old school tools like hand cranked meat grinders, coffee bean grinders, garden hand tools etc. i can't remember the magazine. she has a fair size garden now and getting into canning etc. any magazines like this come to mind? i subscribe to Backwoods Home magazine but they don't have ads.
    Target Sports

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    my daughter in law remembers reading one of my gardening magazines few years ago where they had ads for old school tools like hand cranked meat grinders, coffee bean grinders, garden hand tools etc. i can't remember the magazine. she has a fair size garden now and getting into canning etc. any magazines like this come to mind? i subscribe to Backwoods Home magazine but they don't have ads.
    Mother Earth News if it still exists. Seems like there was a CD/DVD of old issues.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My sister lives in that area of Ohio, so I've had a chance to visit Lehman's, and it's one of the coolest stores I've ever been in. You can literally spend a day walking around and just sight seeing in there. And, yes, there's food. Another great place is The Colonial Homestead, in Millersburg. (330-600-9445) It's much, much smaller, but is absolutely full of old time tools. Stuff like hand cranked drill presses, every kind of hand saw imaginable, every kind of hammer imaginable, and at least a 1000 hand planes. I was talking to the owner last time I visited and he told me that they have a store in Texas, I think somewhere near San Antonio. This is a better link with pictures: The Colonial Homestead.

Lehman's serves the Amish, but they're not Amish. Colonial Homestead is Amish (or Mennonite), so they don't actually operate a web site or do online ordering. They do have a phone.

There's a lot of tools for prepping food and such around some of the prepper web sites.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Second Lehman's... got a hand crank meat grinder with xtra blades at good will a few years back. Have seen hand powered stuff at asian grocery stores frequently.

PGB777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Cedar Hill
    Old school tools tend to last long and work pretty well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom