• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f78f

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2019
    Central Texas
    hey,

long-time reader, first-time poster (see intro in other forum).

llooking for small-time FFL in Austin area that runs his stuff old-school with a NON-computerized A&D book. I know atf approves of digital a&d logs (link), but I don't liek my gun records in the cloud, especially with all the hacks going on (my sister just had her instagram broken into). i'm fine with home-based ffl, and dont care too much if he's the cheapest in town.

any pointers, please? ive looked over lists of ffl (here, gunbroker, etc), but this type of stuff isnt laid out in those lists.

thanks.
    Capitol Armory ad

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Welcome, could help in Houston area. Don't know Austin.
    If you buy online I think the world will know when you pay for it.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Guns Plus in Georgetown still uses pen and paper for the 4473 as of last June. I don't know how that correlates. Whether they computerize after I leave, I couldn't tell you. Pretty good folks there. Transfers are $25.

But here is a question. If you order online, isn't the shipper required to keep the A&D book also? And would that also contain your name and address?

Last edited:

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    But here is a question. If you order online, isn't the shipper required to keep the A&D book also? And would that also contain your name and address?

No, the bound book will log out to the receiving FFL, not him. However, most internal accounting records will likely link the gun serial to the invoice, customer info, and receiving FFL for completeness. Just depends on who he buys from and how advanced their record keeping is.

We still do paper and pen for our bund book, but we are in the Buda/Kyle area.

Top Bottom