• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    This part of the forum looks pretty dead, but figured I'd stick this year. Curious if others have run these as they've been operating for a little while now. Looking to do a few in 2022.

Have done a number of other RNG events and they're a ton of fun. I'm excited to find more close to home.
    Texas SOT

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I did the WTF 10K about three years ago and am signed up to do my second one next week. Ironically, I hate running/jogging. I find it boring. But I love these RnG events and training for them makes jogging tolerable. I wish I had the time to do more of these events.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    I try to do WTF at least once every year. Great event! Won't make next week as I'll be in Oklahoma for the Pawnee Twilight night RNG! Wish they weren't at the same time...

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I’ve been wanting to do an Oklahoma shoot. I hear there’s a new venue coming near Ardmore, not too far from Texas. And I also wanted to do the Marfa Lights shoot this weekend, but just couldn’t make it.

I’ve never done a night shoot. I take it you need some kind of night optics or night vision?

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    The first one at Ardmore sold out real quick. I'm on the waitlist, but not holding my breath.

There are several RNGs in Pawnee. They run a Twilight night match twice a year - NV only Friday night, white light on Saturday. Those are a ton of fun. Very well run. I try not to miss them.

They also run some daytime events, but I haven't made it to those yet. I'm going to run the 10k in February.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This part of the forum looks pretty dead, but figured I'd stick this year. Curious if others have run these as they've been operating for a little while now. Looking to do a few in 2022.

Have done a number of other RNG events and they're a ton of fun. I'm excited to find more close to home.
    I'll be heading to the one in Breckenridge,TX.

Looking forward to it.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

njrefugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    I've competed in and work as an RO for many events in OK and TX. Old Eighteen is GTG. Organizer is very squared away and is a top competitor. I plan to be at all their events.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Under 2 weeks until go time. Did a few miles in the cold today, so I'm feeling ready to roll!

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Race was a success! Cold and windy, but a success!

They reeled in the distance on the rifle targets because the wind was supposed to be pretty extreme - 50mph gusts. I don't think the longest shot was much past 250, if that. Despite the shorter distances, the targets did seems to be a little smaller than usual. Their placement made hunting for them an adventure at times. In particular, some of the stages running through a ravine looking up a hill for them were tough with sun cresting right behind them. Pistol targets were all pretty straight forward. Maybe a little smaller/longer than some people were used to, but nothing a season practical shooter shouldn't be able to handle.

Next race is in March!

Top Bottom