• ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Help me remember
    Where the ymca twin lakes in cedar park is.
    What was it called before the y bought it?
    It was some Boy Scouts camp or something.
    183 before you get to lakeline.
    They had horses, pigs, archery, canoeing,
    Camping etc etc. this was 80s/90s.
    What was the place called? I can picture the metal sign at entrance.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I know what you're talking about but can't remember what it was called back then. I'm thinking Twin Lakes something, but that's probably not right.

As I understand it, the lakes are part of the Brushy Creek trail system so they're open to the public. You can fish there without a YMCA membership even though for all intents and purposes you're on YMCA premises. That always seemed a little weird to me.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Cedar Park has some interesting history...from its founding by the Cluck family(who fortunately didn't care to be the namesake) to the development of the Ranchettes and Riviera Springs neighborhoods to not having a downtown or town square...interesting.

More recently, I appreciate the efforts of their Parks and Rec dept...from Veterans Park with eight Pickleball courts and the Cedar Bark Park to the new Lakeline Park. Way ahead of anything north north Austin has to offer.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Their stretch of the Brusy Creek Regional Trail is pretty nice too. Although I don't know if the city or the county does the maintenance. Someday that will stretch as far as Taylor, which will be really nice. Nicer if Tesla and/or Samsung would pay for it.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Their stretch of the Brusy Creek Regional Trail is pretty nice too. Although I don't know if the city or the county does the maintenance. Someday that will stretch as far as Taylor, which will be really nice. Nicer if Tesla and/or Samsung would pay for it.

Yes, after the flooding of 2010, "they" paved or boardwalked the BC Trail west of Parmer, leaving mostly decomp granite on the east side. The BCTrail is a WilCo project partnered with the various munis it traverses. Cedar Park has done a great job with the various amenities in Brushy Creek Lake Park(not related to Brushy Creek Lake, which is in Kyle or thereabouts). The BCLake Park is adjacent to Lake Will Wilson(one of many Texas reservoirs privately owned).
    Extending the trail eastward is problematic as the creek, roads and development east of Great Oaks(Round Rock) is challenging, to say the least!

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, after the flooding of 2010, "they" paved or boardwalked the BC Trail west of Parmer, leaving mostly decomp granite on the east side. The BCTrail is a WilCo project partnered with the various munis it traverses. Cedar Park has done a great job with the various amenities in Brushy Creek Lake Park(not related to Brushy Creek Lake, which is in Kyle or thereabouts). The BCLake Park is adjacent to Lake Will Wilson(one of many Texas reservoirs privately owned).
    Extending the trail eastward is problematic as the creek, roads and development east of Great Oaks(Round Rock) is challenging, to say the least!
    Yeah, building along Hairy Man road by the new Sauls Ranch development would be pretty hairy.

Top Bottom