Military Camp

Old Army dude planning out his first AR-15 build.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Possibly out of spec. The holes won't line up or is the pin oversized? Possible you got AR10 pins?
    It looks like the holes line up and the pin goes through just the lower but when I try to close the upper and pin it, it is a no go. I installed an ECHO trigger in it and wonder if that has something to do with it. I'm stumped. BTW......when I function test the ECHO trigger with it broken open, trigger works fine.
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It looks like the holes line up and the pin goes through just the lower but when I try to close the upper and pin it, it is a no go. I installed an ECHO trigger in it and wonder if that has something to do with it. I'm stumped. BTW......when I function test the ECHO trigger with it broken open, trigger works fine.
    Did you read the intsruction on how to close the upper with the echo installed?

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Try closing it without the echo installed. I would be surprised the upper or lower is so out of spec that you can't close and pin it, but it's possible. I can't find a Trump Anderson lower on PSA so I don't know if you have the tensioning screw to take the play out of the build. If so cvgunman may have it right and you need to back it out a turn or two. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I would bet it is the echo trigger. I have that and it forces me to read the instructions and struggle with it every now and then. It won't close unless done exactly right.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Should have got the Rock River Arms 2 stage. It was easier to install the new trigger then taking out the milspec one. And I have zero issues reassembling the rifle.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Honestly, those are low-tier brands with HORRIBLE QC. Go with Colt or Aero at a bare minimum to get an AR with reputable mfg and QC.

I hate to say it, but the ugly truth is even in a buyer's market a good AR under $900 is a steal. Right now is a horrible time to buy. Maybe save a little more until it's a buyer's market again and get something much better for comparable money? I've built $1700 rifles for $1300 just by being patient and buying when the deals are hot.

Top Bottom