Lynx Defense

Okay, update, I just filled out form 4473...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’m not sure how you would know if it was for observation. My dad’s case had two court dates one week apart. The second date, he was released from hospital the next day. But the hospital court rep said that patients are not expected to attend the hearings and that the hospital reps go? Said it’s not a good idea to go, can make it worse for you? Dad was in hospital during both court appearances, he wasn’t present at court.

Honestly don’t know what his court cases meant, months later.
    Lynx Defense

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    This right here makes it all pretty simple to me.

I have no idea if answering "yes" before red flags you permanently though.

No, the answers on a 4473 are only recorded on that form, the FFL would not even call it in because a YES answer there is grounds for an immediate denial. You dont call per the instructions on the form. Since the forms are forbidden from being digitized it will live on in that FFLs stack of denials but no NICS check would have been run.

Heck the first question asked when you call NICS is if all the answers are correct to allow a NICS check to take place. If you dont say yes, you dont get connected.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    It’s really not. It’s seemingly purposefully obtuse the way the form is set out. That’s unacceptable, asking the majority of the population that doesn’t have access to the advice of a lawyer to correctly complete this question. Literally millions of people have been hospitalized for mental health concerns at one time or another.

They deserve to understand how to correctly fill out the damn form in plain language.

Those instructions, along with their exceptions, are not in plain language.

And expecting them to remember and understand all the legal mumbo jumbo thrown at them, in a different state of mind than normal, in an unfamiliar courtroom, probably for the very first time, and at break neck pace shows how little some people have been exposed to that environment. It is just like going to the principals office in elementary school... not.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    And when is a form 4473 turned into the ATF? I emphasize important and distinct in my answer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom