• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Just saw on the news that three American hikers were arrested in Iran for crossing the border from Iraq into Iran....

I know I sound crass and un-sympathetic, but i don't feel sorry for them in the least.

Why would anyone go into an area like that to go hiking (if they really are hikers)....I would help try and get them out, but if I did, I would b!tch slap them when they got home and tell them to not be stupid and go hiking in an area that hates Americans next time....

Heres a link to one of the articles online:

[url]http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/01/Iran-confirms-arrests-of-3-US-hikers/UPI-91971249153389/[/URL]

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Most Iranians don't hate Americans, but personally ... hiking into the middle of nowhere in two countries widely known to harbor those that cut off the heads of Americans isn't exactly a brilliant idea.

There are MUCH better places to go hiking... like Colorado or Wyoming for example, where people are hospitable and don't want to cut your head off for being a pork eating Westerner.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Most Iranians don't hate Americans, .

Good point, I shouldn't ave generalized and stereotyped, its more of a government issue and terrorist issue than anything, nonetheless very dangerous. I guess they wanted that rush of adrenaline, and i am guessing that rush is gone by this time. I hope they make it out and learn their lesson, but that was just a really stupid thing to do...

AR15Vern

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    I wouldn't go hiking over there. It's so easy I let the girls do it. I would hike in Afghanistan.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I seriously doubt the "hiking" cover story. Either "The Company" is recruiting some dumb a$$es or some wanna-be converts did not find what they were expecting and Chiu Hoi is not a current program in Iran.

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    HOW STUPID CAN SOMEONE BE?!?! they are lucky the only thing that happened was they were "arrested". ughhh ignorant people frustrate me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom