• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’m prepping to grab my ankles for uber high inflation and soon to be shortages complements of the current administration.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I am preparing for whatever bad comes my way that maybe I can survive. That somewhat is the result of having been born in the middle of the Cold War but more so is the product of my mother, that she always prepared because to her it looked like we always were in for nasty weather and she was not quite prepared for herself or her children to die. Rather, she chose to fight and not only to fight but to prepare to survive and to have a better chance at it for her and her children.

My monster of a father used to beat her relentlessly, that was until she left him. He was the devil incarnate toward her as far as I am concerned. She divorced him in a time when divorce was frowned upon and female divorcees were severly stigmatized no matter if the woman was right and she was righter than rain but she faced it all head on. After leaving and surviving him, she chose for her and her children to survive whatever else came their way and she prepared for it as best she could do so.

She also vowed to outlive him. While it was a tough life for her - she outlived that bastard by several years. Even though she suffered from terrible dementia at the time he died - she was aware enough when told the news, that he had passed, to be triumphant that her vow to outlive him had come true. Her attitude rubbed off on me and I choose to survive what is possible to survive.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Lots of things to stock up on that are high trade value. Liquor! for one. I get things that do not have a shelf life. Certain kinds of Chemicals and extreme poison which may be illegal in many places but are available in other names. Sodium Cyanide, Hydrogen Cyanide, Picric Acid, Strychnine, Arsenic, Black Leaf, Hemlock extract and more. Chemical Warfare is another option.
    Defense is great but if you can effectively deploy unknow fear it tends to motivate others to stay away.
    Think outside the box....
    Yes, I keep two 1.75 liters of Everclear which is pure enough for medical use in a pinch and great trade item. I also have 2 still projects in the works one for methanol and a smaller one for ethanol.
    I like your idea of chemicals, however I lack the background to choose which are needed.. I will educate myself on that.

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Apparently I was prepping for exactly this event and many others.
    The lady and son were flipping out, we had more than enough guns, purchased as we were able,
    and I just calmly cranked the handle... enough primers to last at least until next year, probably:
    400+ 9mm Luger/hour.
    200-300+ 5.56/.223/hour.
    200+ .38 SPL/hour EASY.
    200+ .357 Mag/hour EASY.
    Canned goods/Dry rice/beans I restock when I feel like it.

I DID get bottled water and 2x 18/pk of eggs when people were freaking out in the Milk and Canned/Dried goods, meats section.

I did take a pay hit at the end of last year, but planning on selling the house and migrating toward the Dallas area and keep my job and pay. This would be prepping against more Kommiefornia opression, and GTFO of a 9.2% income tax that goes toward crap we don't want anyways, so THAT will be a raise...

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    The lady and son were flipping out, we had more than enough guns, purchased as we were able,
    and I just calmly cranked the handle... enough primers to last at least until next year, probably:
    400+ 9mm Luger/hour.
    200-300+ 5.56/.223/hour.
    200+ .38 SPL/hour EASY.
    200+ .357 Mag/hour EASY.

I DID get bottled water and 2x 18/pk of eggs when people were freaking out in the Milk and Canned/Dried goods, meats section.

I did take a pay hit at the end of last year, but planning on selling the house and migrating toward the Dallas area and keep my job and pay. This would be prepping against more Kommiefornia opression, and GTFO of a 9.2% income tax that goes toward crap we don't want anyways, so THAT will be a raise...

The 3% property tax per year will be quite a bit depending on how big your house is. My house right now is costing me 6k a year. The equivalent of a 10% income tax.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    In the City?
    How big is your house and property?

1358 square foot. I'm upgrading to about 2000 square feet in December and the property taxes on that house are going to equal about 9300 a year. Did you not look into Texas property taxes?

Gonna do you the favor and check for you. Say you're gonna get a decent sized 3/2 starter in DFW and you don't want to live with the rats in the ghetto. That puts you in about 3 counties.

Collins, Denton, or Rockwall.

Let's say you get the house for a steal and you buy a prebuilt -- It's 230,000 dollars

Collin county taxes - 5,037.00. - plus school district

Denton county - 4,922.00. - plus school district

Rockwall county - 4,600.00 - plus school district

The school districts will kill you. My property taxes without the school district last year were about 2800, but the school district charged me almost 3000 bucks alone. They were 1.9% of my property tax. I got a STEAL on this house in July of 2020 during height of pandemic time and bought it for 179,000. It's currently assessed by the county at 189 (and they tried to make it 205 but I fought them and won) My property taxes this year will be 5632 and some change IF they don't raise it because of the bonds they passed this year.

The house I'm currently buying is 311,000 and I believe the county will appraise it to AT LEAST 290. That will put my property taxes on that house at 8642 a year. I make around 60k a year. Thats the equivalent of a 14.4% income tax.

Last edited:

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Yes, I keep two 1.75 liters of Everclear which is pure enough for medical use in a pinch and great trade item. I also have 2 still projects in the works one for methanol and a smaller one for ethanol.
    I like your idea of chemicals, however I lack the background to choose which are needed.. I will educate myself on that.
    Everclear is Ethyl alcohol and made from grain. Methyl is danerous and actually rubbing Alcohol.
    Prepping for what?
    For tonight. Flooded in and the power is out. No one can get in, no one can get out.
    You Live in Illinois????

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    400+ 9mm Luger/hour.
    200-300+ 5.56/.223/hour.
    200+ .38 SPL/hour EASY.
    200+ .357 Mag/hour EASY.

You should just stay in gayafornia where you belong, commie.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom