• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I mean, what specifically do you expect to occur?

There are obviously all kinds of possibilities. Some see signs of the end-times as detailed in the Bible. Others see economic disaster or massive natural disasters.

Just an off-the-top of my head list: (not in any particular order)

Economic collapse
    Planet X/Niburu/Wormwood passing by earth and bringing devastation
    Pole shift
    EMP event - solar or from HAND
    War/Civil war
    False flag event perpetrated by the global elite/Illuminati to initiate the new world order
    Pandemic
    Yellowstone Caldera blowing
    Asteroid Strike and nuclear winter, tsunamis, etc.
    Global warming/climate change (regardless of the cause) causing world grain crop failure (which some are reporting is already happening - as grain crop yields have been down over the last few years and are trending down further)
    Aliens (there are increasing sighting reports all over the world, etc.)

So, you can't deny that you have something in mind... after all, you're prepping. So why?

Since I'm asking, it's only fair that I say my "why" first...

In general, I've prepared for the need to 1) defend myself and any family I can gather and 2) survive a situation of privation -that is, shortages of food, etc. which could be caused by any number of things. We've all witnessed events like Katrina that have created situations like this - and it's really no stretch to think of any number of things that could cause a much wider-spread crisis. Further, we see the Antifa illegal immigration invasion, etc. news on a daily basis. Lastly, I am one that believes that some of the signs as detailed in Revelations have come to pass. I don't know the time frame that is involved - could be a few years or decades... but I do think we've seen the events as listed there - like the alignment of sun, moon and constellations as detailed in Rev 12.

OK, your turn. And again, if you're in this forum, posting about prepping, then saying that there's no reason or whatever is a cop-out IMHO.
    Lynx Defense

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Sam - Fair enough. I know I'm a little weird for watching all of the youtube "conspiracy" vids but I find them interesting. The ones about ancient history - like the Sumerian civilization are quite intriguing and raise all kinds of questions about our "traditional" understanding of history.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I see in the most recent thread here that it's the grid going down.... and they recommend 6 months supply of preps...

The most worrisome prep item for me is water. Worst case scenario, I can go down to the lake and get water but that would be crappy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Prepping for Tuesday.

Taking off work and hoping for good flying weather. Need to make sure all planes are in working order and bettered charged. Maybe even take something with an IC engine.

Afterwards I’ll need to be prepared for a trip to the city for a new pair of boots and dinner at a hibachi grill. Need to make sure my pants fit a little loose before hand.

It’s gonna be tough, but I think I can get it all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Prepping doesn’t have to be for a big disaster. It can be in preparation for everyday life.

Before I moved to Texas I went threw a pretty rough time. But I was ready. I knew I was gonna move just didn’t know when. My home at the time was under remodel and insurance tried to put me in a hotel but the hotel didn’t take dogs. Bear, my dog has been my best friend for 12 years so far. I told insurance just pay for a porta potty and I’ll just shower with my garden hose. For three months I showered with swim trunks, with cold hose water in the rain and wind. It’s all mental lol.

One month got pretty tight and I spent that entire month on mre’s. Point is you never know when the things we stock up on will get used and why. It’s just good to be ready.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Having shagged thousands of false alarms in my illustrious prevous career as a doughnut muncher..I often said if there was ever a bad guy at one of those places..I would have died of a heart attack due the shock and surprise. We have a sign that says we have one..which hopefully scare off any of Obummers little buddies to rob and pillage at our house. My confidence levels on burglar alarms in not high. The biggest danger is for the nice cop to get shot by an hysterical house mouse who thinks just because it toots..means Jack the Ripper is in the house. Those alarm salesmen are some slick talkers. Similar to lightning rod and buggy whip salesmen in an earlier era.

ScS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    saline
    I see in the most recent thread here that it's the grid going down.... and they recommend 6 months supply of preps...

The most worrisome prep item for me is water. Worst case scenario, I can go down to the lake and get water but that would be crappy.

Two berkey black filters and two five gallon buckets, you're covered for 5000 to 6000 gallons of potable "clear" water

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There are several valid reasons for prepping on your list. For the Texas Gulf Coast, add Hurricanes and Tornados.

Imagine a Father who has hungry kids after a huge storm. There's no doubt in my mind that the father would steal or kill to obtain my supplies for his kids. I would share, but he doesn't know that.

The most important factor of prepping is that when you're prepared, bad things seldom happen.

Flash

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Having shagged thousands of false alarms in my illustrious prevous career as a doughnut muncher..I often said if there was ever a bad guy at one of those places..I would have died of a heart attack due the shock and surprise. We have a sign that says we have one..which hopefully scare off any of Obummers little buddies to rob and pillage at our house. My confidence levels on burglar alarms in not high. The biggest danger is for the nice cop to get shot by an hysterical house mouse who thinks just because it toots..means Jack the Ripper is in the house. Those alarm salesmen are some slick talkers. Similar to lightning rod and buggy whip salesmen in an earlier era.

Lately, I've been getting calls from home security salesmen who aren't even real people. They use an automated machine that uses catch phrases in your response to dictate what it will say next until you agree to be put through to a live salesperson. If that isn't a perfect example of them already having pre-planned answers for everything, I don't know what is. My thing is - I don't even care about having a house alarm. I just want a home camera system with sensor that send notice to my phone. Kind of like the ring, but for then entire house.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Lately, I've been getting calls from home security salesmen who aren't even real people. They use an automated machine that uses catch phrases in your response to dictate what it will say next until you agree to be put through to a live salesperson. If that isn't a perfect example of them already having pre-planned answers for everything, I don't know what is. My thing is - I don't even care about having a house alarm. I just want a home camera system with sensor that send notice to my phone. Kind of like the ring, but for then entire house.

I've got ring cameras outside, and a different system inside.
    All send alerts/clips to my phone.

Top Bottom