• Status
    Not open for further replies.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    First let me say that I've spent some time talking to Alan and he is a stand up guy and I mean no harm to him or his forum.

Several weeks ago I started a thread that several posters had a problem with the source, so I spent a couple days digging up back ups on all the concerns that were posted in the OP. Well that didn't work then, when people have their mind made up they almost refuse to continue thinking.

In that thread I had all the typical know it all hard heads show up, hey no big deal. Alan doesn't really like the serious arguments here so out of respect for the format I ask that the flaming either be backed up or held off.

Several times one of the moderators had to be brought up to speed on what the thread was about. (evidently reading comprehension isn't his best quality) No big deal maybe I wasn't doing a good enough job of conveying my point?

So we had another poster keep showing up trying to discredit my concerns, the last time he decided to embellish the facts, so I ask for a source. (hint Sage when you ask for a source to the claim they're making and they can't provide one they're lying) He came back with everything but a source.

So here's my real beef this chicken shit mod comes in and belittles me and the thread and then locks the thread so that I couldn't even respond to his BS.
    I've spent awhile thinking about this and either I'm right and everything is cool or they will want to hide this and give me the hammer.

Here's the original thread.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...rains-warned-could-destroy-north-america.html

I have nothing to gain by this, I just knew that there was more to this story then we are being told.

I also don't think the mod in question will leave this thread up but, we will see.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i skimmed throughth original thread. I dont see what the arguement is. the oil spill sucks....its gonna screw up the gulf for years, does anyone not agree. The crap they use to clean it up is horrible too. Fisherman are getting sick. BP really couldn't havedone a worse job at this if they tried. Obama poured gas on the fire.....
    Defending the oil company is an exercise in futility. I am not anti oil. The drilling ban in the gulf is BS....We should drill more everywhere as far as I am concerned, but in this instance Big Oil is the bad guy...just the way it is.
    No need to be ugly to each other

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Everyone has thier own point of view, and just because we don't all agree, there's not any need to personally attack the PERSON behind the beileve you don't agree with....I've not been here long, but from what I have read, this place isn't as bad as some other forums...and I hope we can keep it that way! So, disagree, but don't make it or take it personally and all is well. After all, at the end of the day, we are ALL on the same team!

Now, with that said...I don't see a conspiracy behind every rock and blade of grass, but something with the entire Obama administration just isn't right. The way the spill was handled by them, and the evidence that the administration DELIBERATLY hindered or outright refused early attempts to clean it up and contain the oil before it hits shore shows either someone or ONES in far over their heads, or someone or someone's who are just plain STUPID...or someone or someones who INTENTIONALLY let it become the biggest crisis possiable to further an agenda of fundemental change of this country.

The PATTERN of this administration in making every problem a crisis of the largest magtitude it can be made in to, and then "fixing" it by Govt take over, leads me to beleve that we are in a HEAP of trouble boys and girls...and as Americans we are going to find ourselves in a real, live, shooting war if things don't change at the midterms...if we make it that far!

Have you heard of the Cloward & Piven plan? If not, google it and see what YOU think is going on...add it all up, from the banking crisis caused because the Govt FORCED banks to make sub-prime loans, to the crisis in the Gulf now, the alination of Isreal and Britton...something isn't right.

There, I said it. And I hope and pray I'm wrong...but God HELP us all if I'm not...now if you will excuse me I am going to put on my asbestos under-armor :)

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    As far as calling out a mod I realize thats a bad business to be in (or try and stay in) but, who give a flip. What fun is it to come to a site were they act like that.

First off I never said we were going to be poisoned from acid rain in the first thread, I just thought the OP had some very interesting points I hadn't thought of...so I posted it.
    Nobody like the Russian source so I spent a couple days backing up every claim made in the first couple pages..... no harm no foul.
    If Sage would have read anything he should have have shot me a PM instead he picked the what I referred to the chicken shit approach.

However after reading and searching more material since then I think the poisoning IS a real possibility.
    Also before I'm told to leave here's were we are headed and I also think it's why they have screwed up the clean up efforts so bad.
    They want as big a mess as possible so they can push cap and trade through. You don't tell the governor of Louisiana to stop cleaning up his own state.
    I have a hundred other stories but, it's like throwing my pearls to the swine here.

Gentlemen I sure I will not be missed anymore than I'll miss it. For those of you that can think on you own pay attention because the game has changed this is not the America it was just a few years ago. We are headed full blast into oligarchy, don't ask why just watch how they are doing it. Peace
    March 2, 2010, 6:35 PM
    Fuel Taxes Must Rise, Harvard Researchers Say
    By SINDYA N. BHANOO
    To meet the Obama administration’s targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions, some researchers say, Americans may have to experience a sobering reality: gas at $7 a gallon.

To reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transportation sector 14 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, the cost of driving would simply have to increase, according to a report released Thursday by researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs. The research also appears in the March edition of the journal Energy Policy.

The 14 percent target was set in the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget for fiscal 2010.

In their study, the researchers devised several combinations of steps that United States policymakers might take in trying to address the heat-trapping emissions by the nation’s transportation sector, which consumes 70 percent of the oil used in the United States.

Most of their models assumed an economy-wide carbon dioxide tax starting at $30 a ton in 2010 and escalating to $60 a ton in 2030. In some cases researchers also factored in tax credits for electric and hybrid vehicles, taxes on fuel or both.

In the modeling, it turned out that issuing tax credits could backfire, while taxes on fuel proved beneficial.

“Tax credits don’t address how much people use their cars,” said Ross Morrow, one of the report’s authors. “In reverse, they can make people drive more.”

Dr. Morrow, formerly a fellow at the Belfer Center, is a professor of mechanical engineering and economics at Iowa State University

Researchers said that vehicle miles traveled will increase by more than 30 percent between 2010 and 2030 unless policymakers increase fuel taxes.

[From Andy R.: March 4, 7:58 a.m. | Update ] Rush Limbaugh weighed in on this post yesterday, as some may have surmised given the spike in comments, and the tenor of many. Some important points were raised by his audience, including a listener calling from his car in Nebraska to say how a gas tax would unfairly burden workers in sprawling states with no public transportation options. I’ll be posting more from the research team on some of this.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Thanks for the post guys, actually I'm surprised my account is still active. I really felt like I only had a couple options:
    1. stop posting here
    2 tuck my tail and crawl back
    3. push the issue and see what happens
    Nobody likes to have someone make them look like a fool, that includes me. In my opinion Sage should have just closed the thread, not take a cheap shot and then close the thread.
    Especially since it turns out all the information I posted could be correct. To the guys that don't live close to the coast I can see how it's not important to you but, thats no excuse to dismiss
    me for a fool.
    If they are going to censor thread content with nothing more than opinions (and ultimately thats what happened) then I don't want to be here anyway.
    However it's the back and forth that makes these boards interesting, who wants to come and see a bunch of : +1,+Juan....all that garbage.
    I've actually turned several liberals into pro gun people on some other boards I hang out on, so the arguing isn't always bad.

West Texas thanks for the information and honestly yours and Texascop post actually restored some of my faith back to this forum.

I still think the powers that be haven't seen the thread yet and I'm about to get wiped out. I did have some fun posting here. I almost think I'm called to warn people about things
    you don't hear on the news. Not everybody wants to hear it that doesn't make it any less true.

I hadn't heard of the Cloward & Piven plan until today if you guys haven't read up on it you need too.

Ban me or exchange apologies with me either way I cool but, I feel better having said my piece.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    THE NEWS

i also think this is a scam to get cap and trade.
    absolutely. no doubt about it in my mind.

i am with you on this one willy.

also i am behind west texas as well.

both where good posts.

ive got another thread somehwere 'round these parts with a similar theme...

THE HIGHSCHOOL BS

i am not goign to claim to know all the facts on this sub topic.
    and quite frankly i dont care.
    this is a private forum, so freedom of speech doesnt apply.

though it is scary to see people in our political circle eating up gov't propogand and not doing their own research.

conversely, it is refreshing to see more poeple doing their own research adn going after hard facts, not politically motivated spin.

IN general
    Until i research it, i consider it a lie, or at the least erroneous data.
    however i do have an aversion to doing other peoples research for them.
    if i have to cite a fact i will. otherwise STFU and do your own damn research ;););)

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    This is a really great forum for people obsessed with guns/ammo/reloading/shooting/hunting.

I'm sure there are equally great forums constructed for people obsessed with conspiracy theories.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom