• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    They were lucky no one was hurt. The floor is concrete, even with some kind of floor covering over it, and could have sent concrete shrapnel flying and/or the bullet to go about anywhere.

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    Same thing happened at the gun show in Wichita Falls a couple years ago. During setup, a vendor put a load of birdshot into the snack bar. Luckily it was before opening so there were no serious injuries.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    All guns are always loaded.

At least he only broke one rule.

This happens back in AZ one year, I think the sar show, frags and concrete actually hit one of the more annoying toy and jerky sales ladies who came up screaming "who kill me".

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

This happens back in AZ one year, I think the sar show, frags and concrete actually hit one of the more annoying toy and jerky sales ladies who came up screaming "who kill me".
    Everyone calls her the who kill me lady. She gets called that a thousand times a weekend even a decade later. I'll have to see if she's still there in December.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

I am guessing you are referring to the asinine 4 rules of gun safety (I say asinine because there are several more cardinal rules and they were in writing years before Jeff Cooper spewed forth his abbreviated rules). If you meant those 4 rules, which one of the four rules did he break? Was it keeping his finger off of the trigger until ready to shoot, was it not pointing it it at something he did not want to destroy (he had pointed it at several people while he was showing it to his potential customers and it seemed only luck it was pointed down when it went boom), was it knowing his target or what was beyond (I guess that one does not fit in this scenario), or the one you mentioned that claims all guns are always loaded (by the way no one who was not bonkers would ever clean a gun if that was true).

The truth is he broke several rules of firearms safety. First rule was he did not check to see if the pistol was loaded when the customer handed it back to him - he ASSumed it was unloaded. So, he seemingly brought a loaded gun (actually loaded) into a gun show. Then again the potential customer could have loaded it - one never knows but my bet is that was on the seller. Second one was he never put the required nylon zip-tie into place to prevent operation of the pistol or he removed it or the potential customer did so. That was another rule of firerams safety for guns shows that was unheeded but that was plainly in effect and that the promoter told sellers about. The next one he broke was pointing the gun at his potential customers because he most assuredly did that, I saw him do it just before the shot and thought 'that guy is an arsehat'. Another probable one was that he had his finger on the trigger (while that cannot be substantiated as fact unless there is video or a witness statement or the gun is examined because the gun could have been faulty - that one's my bet). Then there is one of my rules of gun safety - do not be an arsehat when handling guns - that he broke. Another one of mine is to use your brain before engaging your booger picking finger (my guess is he broke that one too). This guy was lucky - THAT AT THE PRECISE MOMENT HE FIRED A ROUND - he had the gun pointed down and not toward a person or my pooch. He'd likely be doing time if he had hit a person and he'd be answering to me had he hit the mongrel Skye Knucklehead. Maybe that is the only one he was following but again I note only at the precise time he fired the shot and that my friends was pure luck as I see it.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well, thankfully Texarkana, from what I can make of it after reading some things about Austin on this site, is not too much like Austin. Hopefully the Holiday Inn management will let this slide although if they do not, I certainly understand how one negligent discharge at a gun show venue can ruin it for the rest of us.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I am guessing you are referring to the asinine 4 rules of gun safety (I say asinine because there are several more cardinal rules and they were in writing years before Jeff Cooper spewed forth his abbreviated rules). If you meant those 4 rules, which one of the four rules did he break? Was it keeping his finger off of the trigger until ready to shoot, was it not pointing it it at something he did not want to destroy (he had pointed it at several people while he was showing it to his potential customers and it seemed only luck it was pointed down when it went boom), was it knowing his target or what was beyond (I guess that one does not fit in this scenario), or the one you mentioned that claims all guns are always loaded (by the way no one who was not bonkers would ever clean a gun if that was true).

The truth is he broke several rules of firearms safety. First rule was he did not check to see if the pistol was loaded when the customer handed it back to him - he ASSumed it was unloaded. So, he seemingly brought a loaded gun (actually loaded) into a gun show. Then again the potential customer could have loaded it - one never knows but my bet is that was on the seller. Second one was he never put the required nylon zip-tie into place to prevent operation of the pistol or he removed it or the potential customer did so. That was another rule of firerams safety for guns shows that was unheeded but that was plainly in effect and that the promoter told sellers about. The next one he broke was pointing the gun at his potential customers because he most assuredly did that, I saw him do it just before the shot and thought 'that guy is an arsehat'. Another probable one was that he had his finger on the trigger (while that cannot be substantiated as fact unless there is video or a witness statement or the gun is examined because the gun could have been faulty - that one's my bet). Then there is one of my rules of gun safety - do not be an arsehat when handling guns - that he broke. Another one of mine is to use your brain before engaging your booger picking finger (my guess is he broke that one too). This guy was lucky - THAT AT THE PRECISE MOMENT HE FIRED A ROUND - he had the gun pointed down and not toward a person or my pooch. He'd likely be doing time if he had hit a person and he'd be answering to me had he hit the mongrel Skye Knucklehead. Maybe that is the only one he was following but again I note only at the precise time he fired the shot and that my friends was pure luck as I see it.
    Actually I meant 5 rules. Yes in use for decades and I was taught them before kindergarten.

It starts with all guns are always loaded.

Breaking one is bad.

Generally have to break 2 to have really bad shit happen. I say generally because bad shit is relative. Relative to my kindergarten brain bad shit meant a slap up side the head if you break one. My brother broke 2 once. I say once cause once the fog cleared and he realized what hit him he never broke a rule again. I think a couple outings and we were taught.

There are many versions but this one is mine.

Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

Never point a gun at something you arent intending to destroy.

Always be sure of your target and what's beyond it.

Never put your finger in the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot and destroy your target and are sure of your target and what's beyond it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There's always the fear that some anti-2A will slip ammo into a few guns hoping someone pulls the trigger.

The dealer should be locked in a cell with Rosie O'Donnell for a week and forced to watch Pauly Shore movies. A negligent discharge is a seriously stupid thing that no gun owner should ever do.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    There's always the fear that some anti-2A will slip ammo into a few guns hoping someone pulls the trigger.

The dealer should be locked in a cell with Rosie O'Donnell for a week and forced to watch Pauly Shore movies. A negligent discharge is a seriously stupid thing that no gun owner should ever do.
    Pauly Shore? I started to say something about "cruel and unusual" but then I realized that is perfect for a negligent discharge.

Top Bottom