• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I hate the thought of being cut on again. Surgery & recovery just seem to be very harsh on the body. So after they get replaced then my hips. Hell no!
    Surgeon looked at my knees (bowlegged they were so bad) and said steroids were a waste of time. I had to wait for Medicare, when they should have been replaced 5 years sooner...

My knee surgeries and rehab went great, but then I found out about my back...

Our ages, and I know you are older than me, it's always going to be something...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you go to a good knee replacement surgeon, you will be pleased with the results. The key is a GOOD knee replacement surgery who does nothing else but knee replacements.

I know many people who have done extremely well and all are happy after their replacements. Most wish they had not put it off.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If you go to a good knee replacement surgeon, you will be pleased with the results. The key is a GOOD knee replacement surgery who does nothing else but knee replacements.

I know many people who have done extremely well and all are happy after their replacements. Most wish they had not put it off.
    That was my dad with his hip. I worked with a women whose replacement was replaced twice before they got it right.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area

Absolutely true; get a surgeon who does knee replacements weekly if not daily. You do NOT want this to be a learning experience for the surgeon!

Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That was my dad with his hip. I worked with a women whose replacement was replaced twice before they got it right.
    That is why I said a GOOD surgeon who does nothing else besides knee replacements. A number of people in my church and community have used the same doc for their knee replacements. Not one had an issue. When mine go (just a matter of time), that is where I will go.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Arthritis has wrecked my knees too.
    Had the right knee replaced about 1.5yrs ago.
    Now the left one has become a real problem. Going back to the doc who did the right knee very soon.
    Being unable to move around sure does wreck your quality of life.
    When simple stuff like walking and daily life tasks become so painful you just blob out and never do anything. Which SUCKS.
    Gonna get mine done ASAP. I refuse to just eat drugs for the pain. That’ll get your organs if done too long.
    Get your knees done if you can.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Arthritis has wrecked my knees too.
    Had the right knee replaced about 1.5yrs ago.
    Now the left one has become a real problem. Going back to the doc who did the right knee very soon.
    Being unable to move around sure does wreck your quality of life.
    When simple stuff like walking and daily life tasks become so painful you just blob out and never do anything. Which SUCKS.
    Gonna get mine done ASAP. I refuse to just eat drugs for the pain. That’ll get your organs if done too long.
    Get your knees done if you can.
    Both of mine needed replacement, but the doc wouldn't do a double, so I got the 2nd done soon as he would (6 weeks).

They'll never be the knees of my youth, but they beat the heck out of my worn out ones. My only regret is not being able to get them replaced sooner.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I've seen commercials on TV about injecting lubricant in your knee, not cortisone. My wife had a knee replacement about 15 year's ago, said she wouldn't do it again. Probably they are more advanced now. My brother is having both knee's done next month.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've seen commercials on TV about injecting lubricant in your knee, not cortisone. My wife had a knee replacement about 15 year's ago, said she wouldn't do it again. Probably they are more advanced now. My brother is having both knee's done next month.
    Hyaluronic acid... but that is for very early stage degeneration.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Much has changed in those 15 years.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    This is just me rambling here but it seems to me women have a more difficult time with knee replacements. Mine own wife struggles with hers.
    Men just seem to do better with them.
    Again just me rambling, I believe it’s because the women don’t exercise the new knee enough. The Doc told both of us you must use the new knee. A lot.
    If you just plop down and never flex scar tissue will build up and make it even more difficult/painful to move.
    No. You will not have the knees of your youth but it can be a godsend after bone on bone pain.
    I highly recommend replacement if you’re able.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Given we're speaking of joint replacements, I'm on the fence regarding getting 'both' of my shoulders replaced as has been recommended.

Why's that?

My primary care doc told me 'shoulder replacements' achieve either great results or are huge disappointments.

That statement took the wind out of my sails for getting both shoulders replaced...

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Given we're speaking of joint replacements, I'm on the fence regarding getting 'both' of my shoulders replaced as has been recommended.

Why's that?

My primary care doc told me 'shoulder replacements' achieve either great results or are huge disappointments.

That statement took the wind out of my sails for getting both shoulders replaced...
    Yeah, shoulders are a whole other game than knees and hips...

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have been using CBD oil salve on my knees and elbows.
    Was skeptical at first, but it has really worked.

Top Bottom