• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I did a search and didnt find anything like this. We have a good amount of hunters on here and it would be fitting to have a thread to for us to be able to post up all of our mounts in one location

I will kick this off with one of my favorites
    F09AEA2D-D50B-4D58-ABF1-4181A6100F61.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I need to get a mule deer
    I was invited out to the panhandle for bird hunting. Really nice ranch called the Hay Hook out near Whitedeer, Texas.

The owner came over and had dinner & drinks with us on night. Wanted to know why we didn’t bring rifles?That ranch had it all! Whitetail, mule deer, pronghorn, hogs, ducks, quail, pheasant, rabbits, squirrel. 60,000 acres IIRC!

Wildfire hit it after we left. The owner was selling water to Amarillo & had plenty of money. All the buildings above ground had sprinkler systems. They were said to have a copy of the main house underground.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The owner came over and had dinner & drinks with us on night. Wanted to know why we didn’t bring rifles?
    I learned that lesson early on. If I go to a ranch to hunt now I bring an arsenal with me bc you never know what will be offered or thrown at you when you get there.

Sounds like a nice place to go though. My uncle is moving to Wyoming soon and his property has speed goats and mulies so I am just waiting on that now

I would love to bag a desert mulie and a free range aoudad though

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When the owner asked about the rifles I mentioned the machine guns. He was all about that. What really sucked about that place was the invite was stand for a lot of years, but getting off for the renfest screwed up getting off to go hunting.

The only bad thing about the place was how much we drank! I brought a half gallon of 100 proof vodka thinking it should be good for the 2 days. We drank it for lunch when Admiral Nimitz martini recipe was reviled!

It had a craziest duck pond I ever hunted. It was a tiny pond that was a bitch to get to, but the ducks poured into it like they were in a funnel.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I learned that lesson early on. If I go to a ranch to hunt now I bring an arsenal with me bc you never know what will be offered or thrown at you when you get there.

Sounds like a nice place to go though. My uncle is moving to Wyoming soon and his property has speed goats and mulies so I am just waiting on that now

I would love to bag a desert mulie and a free range aoudad though
    Hopefully your uncle won’t be surrounded by Hollywierd liberals who screwed up his place.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Hopefully your uncle won’t be surrounded by Hollywierd liberals who screwed up his place.
    He is going to be on a crap ton of acreage surrounded by BLM land and will be off the grid. Definitely an upgrade from ny state. He currently lives in a good area up there but the democrats up there pushing for statewide mandatory vaccination pushed him over the edge on getting the hell out of there.

Not easy to leave behind a working farm and move the whole family to the other side of the country but they are determined. Ill be out there to help him build his house

Last edited:
    Top Bottom