4660E3DA-F60F-4C13-8990-BA0C9B9EE599.jpeg
    DK Firearms

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

The banking Mustang is "Gentleman Jim", painted in the markings of Capt Jim Browning's Mustang. The green "Old Crow" with the Malcolm hood canopy and "Gentleman Jim" are owned by Jack Roush. The lower "Old Crow" was previously owned by Roush but he sold it a few years ago to Jim Hagedorn. Both "Old Crow" Mustangs replicate aircraft assigned to Col. Bud Anderson at different points in WWII.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We had a guy that came to the speed shop I hung out when I was a teenager. He drove a Corvette and had served in Vietnam, he was a little rough around the edges. One day he comes in with a hand grenade, explains how it's safe as long as you held the handle. He pulls the pin out and fumbled with it and it hit the floor. Man guys were scrambling to get out of the garage. He laughed his ass off, of course it was a dummy. Scared the shit out of all of us. Ole Chuck!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

LOL I had one of those. It was a plastic half-size "grenade" shape molded in green plastic with a metal bit at the bottom you put a single paper cap in. The sound of the metal hitting a hard surface was louder than the pop of the cap. Mine didn't have a pin, but it did have a hole molded in where you could put a cotter pin for looks.

Another of those toys I begged for as a little kid, then got home, tried and was disappointed. Still, it was a "grenade shaped object" and tossing it at the imaginary enemies I battled as a 7 year old was still amusing.

Found a pic of one on Google.

Cap-Grenade.jpg

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    We had a guy that came to the speed shop I hung out when I was a teenager. He drove a Corvette and had served in Vietnam, he was a little rough around the edges. One day he comes in with a hand grenade, explains how it's safe as long as you held the handle. He pulls the pin out and fumbled with it and it hit the floor. Man guys were scrambling to get out of the garage. He laughed his ass off, of course it was a dummy. Scared the shit out of all of us. Ole Chuck!
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. :roflsmile:

Top Bottom