download-15.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    See that now - to me Bergstrom is KAUS

To most aviators it is. For Austinites, Bergstrom turned into ABIA when both Mueller and ABIA were operating simultaneously. All that’s left today of Mueller is the tower.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Doesn't look like ABIA to me... I think it is a simulation.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    You are absolutely right, it's from a flight sim.
    The controller reports RVR1200. It was foggy that morning with visibility 400 yds (that's what RVR1200 means). This video if fake, it is sunny. Plus it has awesome clear graphics and clear lines. Better than a professional camera. Plus optical zoom (cell phones don't have that). And no person is allowed to just stand next to the rwy filming. Do we need more proof that it's fake? :)
    And the audio is heavily out of sync at the beginning.
    Fake noose. Even Tw@tter says so.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I don't know what ABIA is, but that really happened at Austin Bergstrom last week. There but for the grace of God ... (complete FU by the Austin tower controller).
    If you're judging from the video, you have incomplete information.
    Listen to the controller clear SW for takeoff and advise them that there's another aircraft on final. SW nonchalantly taxies into position, finishes checklists and starts rolling when FedEx is about to land. (You can check ADS-B sites for positional information)
    Controller had no idea that SW was gonna sit on the rwy. Yes, he could have issues a "no delay" takeoff clearance to be more clear.
    When I get a "no delay" or "immediate" at the hold short line, I quickly taxi onto the rwy and do a rolling takeoff. If I am unable to do so safely, I do not accept the clearance and keep holding short.
    The controller is getting the blame from non-pilots for SWA's fk up.
    FedEx saved the day, though. Kudos to the captain for a good decisive action.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    If you're judging from the video, you have incomplete information.
    Listen to the controller clear SW for takeoff and advise them that there's another aircraft on final. SW nonchalantly taxies into position, finishes checklists and starts rolling when FedEx is about to land. (You can check ADS-B sites for positional information)
    Controller had no idea that SW was gonna sit on the rwy. Yes, he could have issues a "no delay" takeoff clearance to be more clear.
    When I get a "no delay" or "immediate" at the hold short line, I quickly taxi onto the rwy and do a rolling takeoff. If I am unable to do so safely, I do not accept the clearance and keep holding short.
    The controller is getting the blame from non-pilots for SWA's fk up.
    FedEx saved the day, though. Kudos to the captain for a good decisive action.
    People smarter than me have analyzed the events on other aviation YT channels. In the end, it will be the controllers fault.

I mistakenly assumed this was video of the actual event, not knowing the weather. But technically, the video is not a "fake", it is a simulation recreation of the actual events to show just ow close the airplanes got to each other. It should have been clearly labeled as such.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom