College Station
    1C844E78-3165-44D4-970F-6D614012E53A.jpeg

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I've been stationed in Florida twice, BBQd on Christmas day each year I was there. I can see why people love FL in the winter. It's NICE. Now I'd wish she'd visit the Everglades in July or August without her bug spray. Just sayin'

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    She’s young, not obese, seems healthy.

She’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

come on man

Don't bash our hopes there is still a less than 2% chance she bites it and with them chompers when she bites it you know it.

Reactions: gll

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Really? Who cares? It's not like it's uncommon, or even deadly. Face it, people, we're all going to get it at some point, that's how herd immunity works. Until we stop pretending that we can "beat" the virus, accept that it's with us from now on out, and get on with our lives, we're passing our liberty over to the government, and they will only abuse us!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Word for the day is attenuation.

: a reduction of severity or virulence : a decrease in the pathogenicity of a microorganism or in the severity of a diseaseThis virus grew well in tissue culture, with only limited temperature sensitivity as a marker of possible attenuation.

Attenuated: Weakened, diluted, thinned, reduced, weakened, diminished.
    The use of "attenuated" in medicine is not new. In the 16th century, eating dried figs was claimed to attenuate the body fluids.
    Now "attenuated" refers to procedures that weaken an agent of disease (a pathogen). An attenuated virus is a weakened, less vigorous virus. A vaccine against a viral disease can be made from an attenuated, less virulent strain of the virus, a virus capable of stimulating an immune response and creating immunity but not causing illness.
    The word "attenuated" derives from a combination of the Latin prefix "ad-" meaning "to" or "toward" and "tenuis" meaning "thin."

Top Bottom