• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Like I said... Personal opinion...
    As a veteran, talking to fellow veterans, seems like veterans are typically folks that don't fall into the "sheeple" category. We have more respect for life as it's our ass that we put on the line for our country. We typically have matured beyond our years. We typically view success as something more than a financial thing.
    Again....just my opinion, as a veteran.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Like I said... Personal opinion...
    As a veteran, talking to fellow veterans, seems like veterans are typically folks that don't fall into the "sheeple" category. We have more respect for life as it's our ass that we put on the line for our country. We typically have matured beyond our years. We typically view success as something more than a financial thing.
    Again....just my opinion, as a veteran.
    Personal opinion ... I got it.

You still come across as holier than thou because you served and I didn't. And I don't remember this being discussed by our Founding Fathers or in "the documents". Needless to say I disagree whole heartedly.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Personal opinion.....ONLY Veterans should be able to vote.
    As a matter of fact Dredge, I resent the hell out of you for suggesting that. I am just as much an American as you but I'm not interested in denying any legal U.S. citizen's right to vote.

Didn't you take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution?

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Personal opinion ... I got it.

You still come across as holier than thou because you served and I didn't. And I don't remember this being discussed by our Founding Fathers or in "The Documents". Needless to say I disagree whole heartedly.

My comment was not intended to come across as "holier than thou" do to my having served and you having not (although reading over it, I can understand how it could be taken that way). Our Founding Fathers definitely put their ass on the line for what they believe in. If they had not, our Country would today most likely be just as shitty as every other country on the planet.
    Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of folks in our country that want to make it like whatever crap hole they came from. There seems to be a lot of folks (sheep) in our country that are fine with some form of degradation of America that, from what I have seen, are probably still living with Mommy and Daddy even though they are 30 something...lighting up a bong and whose most important decision is "what are we going to have for dinner?"
    I don't think folks need 2 years of unemployment benefits. I don't want my tax money going to some crack whore that doesn't want to go get a job and instead becomes a welfare baby factory.
    I figure....easy way to fix it....only vets vote. They have sacrificed in our time in a way others have not. They have first hand experience of how crazy things are in other parts of the world (and not in a vacationing sense). Can I see it happening? Nope.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    As a matter of fact Dredge, I resent the hell out of you for suggesting that. I am just as much an American as you but I'm not interested in denying any legal U.S. citizen's right to vote.

Didn't you take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution?

Yes, I did take that oath. Everybody that has served has.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    My comment was not intended to come across as "holier than thou" do to my having served and you having not (although reading over it, I can understand how it could be taken that way). Our Founding Fathers definitely put their ass on the line for what they believe in. If they had not, our Country would today most likely be just as shitty as every other country on the planet.
    Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of folks in our country that want to make it like whatever crap hole they came from. There seems to be a lot of folks (sheep) in our country that are fine with some form of degradation of America that, from what I have seen, are probably still living with Mommy and Daddy even though they are 30 something...lighting up a bong and whose most important decision is "what are we going to have for dinner?"
    I don't think folks need 2 years of unemployment benefits. I don't want my tax money going to some crack whore that doesn't want to go get a job and instead becomes a welfare baby factory.
    I figure....easy way to fix it....only vets vote. They have sacrificed in our time in a way others have not. They have first hand experience of how crazy things are in other parts of the world (and not in a vacationing sense). Can I see it happening? Nope.

I'm thankful for their service and don't mean this in a demeaning way, but vets are not the only ones who have sacrificed something in an effort to make this a better country. There are civilians working their butts off everyday to put food on your table and to build your infrastructure. Unfortunately I know some vets who behave exactly the same as how you described. I think it comes down to the individual, not whether or not they served.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I don't want this to turn into a flame war. My original post was meant to show how our POTUS handled the situation. Somehow it got turned into a "veteran" versus "civilian" argument. It shouldn't be.

Dredge you are entitled to your opinion, you and a lot of people (both veteran and civilian) have and continue to insure that we all enjoy that right. It is inflammatory to state that only veterans should be allowed to vote. As a veteran, I could never take that stance because I understood the intent of the oath I took. What about members of a veteran's family? Didn't they share the hardships with him? Shouldn't they be entitled to vote? What about civilian contractors that helped the corps of engineers create the bases, airstrips, etc? What about the civilian organizations and groups that send extra supplies and care packages to our soldiers overseas? Where do you draw the line? A lot of people share the pain of war in their own way - they may not be in the line of fire but their resolve to help our country is no less than yours.

Marginalizing the vast majority of the population because of the faults of a few is not in the spirit of what we took the oath for. I think that's what people like Glockster are upset about...

So shake hands. We have other REAL threats to worry about.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Either way, the right to vote is a right for all law abiding American citizens and should stay that way. The libtards will eventually crushed under the weight of their own egos and things will get better.

I hope anyways....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I guess my question about this whole Obama signature thing is whether auto-sigs are commonly used in these types of condolence letters. I can see if the body of the letter itself was a boilerplate but I can't imagine that it would take that long for the prez to sign each one by hand. Let's say it takes him 10 seconds (and that's generous) for each hand-drawn sig - that means he can sign roughly 360 letters in an hour. I think the prez can spend an hour out of his busy day to honor fallen soldiers this way. Don't you?

Top Bottom