Capitol Armory ad

Obama and ATF working on attacking out 2nd Amendment rights.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Imagine waking up at 2am and an intruder is in the house. You live in an area where homes are close, you have small children. You respond by grabbing your 870 28" full choke shotgun to confront the intruder. It's dark if you turn on the lights who knows what will happen, kids wake up, run out of the rooms, intruder has a weapon and fires.

Imagine the same scene at 2am, you wake up in your darkened home to the sound of an intruder and you have small children sleeping. You grab your 870, 20" barrel, extended mag, with a pistol grip and your 250 lumen flashlight on your bayonet attachment. You quietly walk the hall and down the stairs and are faced with a criminal raising a gun at you. Your light pops on blinding him and you get off the the first shot.

In the first one, you and your kids could be killed or even you may have shot one of your own. In the second the good guy wins, why? He has a firearm that allows him a slight advantage. If there were 2-3 intruders the 6-8 shots maybe needed.

Everything this adminstration does bypasses law, in some way circumvents it and does as they wish. How can you say restrictions are ok as it really won't do much. As I read the 2nd Amendment is says the right to bear arm shall not be infringed. Now they are going to limit what can be considered an arm? Yep in 1934 they did impose machine gun limitations, and in 1968 they copyied the restrictive "nazi" gun laws, yes Clinton installed the assualt weapon ban, that was repealed but I can tell you they aren't going to stop. This is just another toehold to takeing guns away.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I've come to the realization that any movement to the center that the founding fathers set up will seem extreme by todays standards. The reason it seems so extreme, is due to the fact that we as a nation have drifted so far from the principals upon which this nation was founded.

To prove my point: eliminate the IRS, eliminate the Federal Reserve, and eliminate federal and state welfare. Most unenlighted individuals would cry foul and say our country would collapse, or people would starve. In reality, our country was more prosperous during the times we didn't have these programs and controls and I've only named three examples.

get rid of the federal reserve? wtf? why?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I've come to the realization that any movement to the center that the founding fathers set up will seem extreme by todays standards. The reason it seems so extreme, is due to the fact that we as a nation have drifted so far from the principals upon which this nation was founded.

To prove my point: eliminate the IRS, eliminate the Federal Reserve, and eliminate federal and state welfare. Most unenlighted individuals would cry foul and say our country would collapse, or people would starve. In reality, our country was more prosperous during the times we didn't have these programs and controls and I've only named three examples.

QFT

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I'm glad you asked: Tell me what IS the Federal Reserve, who owns it, who runs it, and what purpose does it serve?

Now don't try and cheat on me, cuz' I work with the Fed every day...

If you can research and find the answers, I think your "WTF" will turn into a "Oh, I see what you mean."

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm glad you asked: Tell me what IS the Federal Reserve, who owns it, who runs it, and what purpose does it serve?

Now don't try and cheat on me, cuz' I work with the Fed every day...

If you can research and find the answers, I think your "WTF" will turn into a "Oh, I see what you mean."

Off the top of my head:

Isn't it privately owned and run? It loans money to the government, right?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Federal Reserve is a private banking conglomerate owned by member banks (pretty much the big name banks out there own it, though they've publicly stated they now refuse to tell us which ones), of which we have given the monopoly to print our money at will.....of which they charge us interest on. Congress, by constitutional authority, could create our money for FREE, no interest, nada. With interest built in, you're screwed to begin with. If anyone honestly can't see the possibilities for corruption and pure evil, giving a private bank the ability to create a nation's currency, you have your head in the sand. Now consider the real estate crash recently. The banks screwed up and crashed our economy (supposedly on accident, honest mistake right?). Then the Fed, which is owned by some of those banks, turns right around and prints money, charges our future grand children the interest on it, then turns right around and gives that money back to many of the banks that own the Fed (in the form of bailouts)! So they screw up (doesn't sound like an accident anymore does it?), then they pay themselves with OUR money, then they have the balls to charge us interest on it so they are effectively paying themselves twice. It's the snake eating it's own tail. Do enough research into this and you'll come up with enough factual data to keep you enraged for years.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I work with the Fed every day...
    OOOOOH, so it is "YOU" we should blame!!!
    lol.gif

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Off the top of my head:

Isn't it privately owned and run? It loans money to the government, right?

Yo da man! Many people don't realize that it is privately owned! It took me years of working in the banking industry to figure that out. They knew that it would cause heartburn to the citizens back in 1913 so they gave it a governmental sounding name like The Federal Reserve.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    The Federal Reserve is a private banking conglomerate owned by member banks (pretty much the big name banks out there own it, though they've publicly stated they now refuse to tell us which ones), of which we have given the monopoly to print our money at will.....of which they charge us interest on. Congress, by constitutional authority, could create our money for FREE, no interest, nada. With interest built in, you're screwed to begin with. If anyone honestly can't see the possibilities for corruption and pure evil, giving a private bank the ability to create a nation's currency, you have your head in the sand. Now consider the real estate crash recently. The banks screwed up and crashed our economy (supposedly on accident, honest mistake right?). Then the Fed, which is owned by some of those banks, turns right around and prints money, charges our future grand children the interest on it, then turns right around and gives that money back to many of the banks that own the Fed (in the form of bailouts)! So they screw up (doesn't sound like an accident anymore does it?), then they pay themselves with OUR money, then they have the balls to charge us interest on it so they are effectively paying themselves twice. It's the snake eating it's own tail. Do enough research into this and you'll come up with enough factual data to keep you enraged for years.

Sig you more or less nailed it. Back in 1913 the establishment of the Fed was suppose to cure or smooth out all economical volatility. Let’s think; how many depressions/resessions, booms and busts have we seen since then? We’ve experienced a boom/bust almost every decade since that time. The nicest thing you can say about the Fed is “okay, it didn’t work. We want you gone and put our money back on the gold/silver standard please.” If we were to do this, we’d all become more wealthy, regardless of what industry we work in within a few years. It may be hard to believe, but I have to get back to work and can’t go into the Austrian Economic Theory right now.

Skeeter: While I don’t work for the FED, it is my master since I am an evil banker >enter The Emperor’s evil laugh< Heh Heh Heh Heh……

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom