• ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I'm late to the party. I live in Cypress on the northside of 290. Tomball is only a hop, skip and jump away. I love pistol, rifle and shotgun shooting (sporting clays, trap, skeet), though I am mediocre at them. At least, I can hit my targets.
    Lynx Defense

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    I'm late to the party. I live in Cypress on the northside of 290. Tomball is only a hop, skip and jump away. I love pistol, rifle and shotgun shooting (sporting clays, trap, skeet), though I am mediocre at them. At least, I can hit my targets.

Im in Cypress also. I only know of 2 ranges out here (one outdoor and one indoor). HW is awesome for outdoor and shaded and you can shoot basically all types of rifles, shotguns and pistols, and even better, almost any ammo. Indoor ranges have too many ammo restrictions

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Im in Cypress also. I only know of 2 ranges out here (one outdoor and one indoor). HW is awesome for outdoor and shaded and you can shoot basically all types of rifles, shotguns and pistols, and even better, almost any ammo. Indoor ranges have too many ammo restrictions
    Welcome to the Forum!

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball

I’ve been shooting at Hotwells since I moved to the area in 2009. I’ve used the skeet facilities as well as all areas of the range. They did a real nice job with the upgrades after Harvey. It is like a different place.

I also use the American Shooting Center off Westmheimer in George Bush Park. They have longer rifle ranges, sporting clays and trap. Unlike HW, though, you change your own targets on the pistol and rifle ranges.l at American.

The ammo restrictions at the indoor ranges don’t bother me. I don’t own any steel ammo and none of my firearms shoot magnum loads. Other than occasionally shooting my 5.56 and .22LR rifles, I really don’t shoot long guns indoors.

I prefer indoor ranges for pistols because I can adjust the target distance without changing stations and I don’t have to wait for the cease fires.

Here are some indoor ranges I’ve used.

Shooting Sports and Training Centers of Texas is a small, 6 lane indoor range off Mueschke on Bauer Hockley. It is owned by retired police officer and Vietnam vet.

Shoot Point Blank off Wortham Center Drive (near 290 and 1960) is a decent range. I think they are a bit pricey, but maybe that is just me.

Shiloh is another indoor range that isn’t too far away on Shiloh Church Road not too far from Willowbrook.

Athena Gun Club (Katy Freeway and Sam Houston) is a nice indoor range that I have shot rifle and pistol at.

Full Armor Gun range is overpriced in my opinion. Pre-Covid, I saw used weapons at higher prices than new elsewhere. However, I did enjoy shooting a number of full auto firearms there on Full Auto Friday.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Shooting sports and training center I go to for pistol as it is 5 minutes down the
    road from my house.
    Sometimes go to ASC for rifle for the long ranges.
    Other times when my friend is back in town from work he's a member of the Impact Zone and
    we get together and go there during the week and are some times the only ones there.

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    I’ve been shooting at Hotwells since I moved to the area in 2009. I’ve used the skeet facilities as well as all areas of the range. They did a real nice job with the upgrades after Harvey. It is like a different place.

I also use the American Shooting Center off Westmheimer in George Bush Park. They have longer rifle ranges, sporting clays and trap. Unlike HW, though, you change your own targets on the pistol and rifle ranges.l at American.

The ammo restrictions at the indoor ranges don’t bother me. I don’t own any steel ammo and none of my firearms shoot magnum loads. Other than occasionally shooting my 5.56 and .22LR rifles, I really don’t shoot long guns indoors.

I prefer indoor ranges for pistols because I can adjust the target distance without changing stations and I don’t have to wait for the cease fires.

Here are some indoor ranges I’ve used.

Shooting Sports and Training Centers of Texas is a small, 6 lane indoor range off Mueschke on Bauer Hockley. It is owned by retired police officer and Vietnam vet.

Shoot Point Blank off Wortham Center Drive (near 290 and 1960) is a decent range. I think they are a bit pricey, but maybe that is just me.

Shiloh is another indoor range that isn’t too far away on Shiloh Church Road not too far from Willowbrook.

Athena Gun Club (Katy Freeway and Sam Houston) is a nice indoor range that I have shot rifle and pistol at.

Full Armor Gun range is overpriced in my opinion. Pre-Covid, I saw used weapons at higher prices than new elsewhere. However, I did enjoy shooting a number of full auto firearms there on Full Auto Friday.

Im registered at both HW and Shooting Sports. (I live close to the Buccees), but It was so hot in the range at Shooting Sports. I know about Athena as I went there a couple of times a few years ago, and i know they have modernized some too.

I did my LTC at HW and its a great place to shoot. Ive never done skeet. Unfortunately, im bound by where the wife is comfortable shooting at. lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom