Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Trying. Still healing from the surgery.

Consults with radiation doc Monday and confirmed chemo doc Tuesday.
    Well you hang in there. You turned out to be a very positive influence for me.

I was never as strong or smart as I thought I was. Even now at 41 I’m still learning I gotta do a better job sticking up for myself and I’ll continue to use the saying “you’ll get over it” when I piss people off.

You’re awesome so stay strong and get healed up.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well you hang in there. You turned out to be a very positive influence for me.

I was never as strong or smart as I thought I was. Even now at 41 I’m still learning I gotta do a better job sticking up for myself and I’ll continue to use the saying “you’ll get over it” when I piss people off.

You’re awesome so stay strong and get healed up.
    It's been a roller coaster for sure. After every dose of good news you feel like you can slay the dragon. After every bit of bad news you need a few days to absorb and process. Then one day you goto the store and the next you sit in the living room and the next you put the Christmas lights away then clean the yard and move on with life.

Then the roller coaster continues.

I'm a bit of a type A person. I gotta know all the info and have a plan. Then follow the rules and procedures and be aggressive when needed. It's always served ne well so that's the way I'm gonna play this. Make a plan and fight like he'll but prepare for the worst.

That last part scares the family. I'll never give up but forcing them to plan for the worst makes them think I am.

It ait so.

Even if this kills me I figure I got, hopefully, a couple years. If I can get 5 the wife will be completely out of debt.

It won't be fun and I've been near death before from an infection after surgery. It's scary as hell to not have control so you take it where you can.

Other than piss people off by being rigid arrogant, at times and crotchety I've never done anyone wrong. I could have probably said things nicer to people but I have never lied stole or cheated anyone. When ever I screwed up I owned it my self. No one had to come looking for who was responsible.

There have been dark days. Wondering why me. I never smoked and hadn't had a drink since I was 22 or so. So why do you get cancer like I have. The HPV part I get. I grew up in the 80s and had a girlfriend or 15 but the second type is a shocker. No one gets 2 different kinds of cancer in the same area.

It is appointed unto man a time to die so it will happen when its supposed to but don't expect me to go willingly. It will be kicking and screaming INDEED! Lol

So ya, be honest. Never hold grudges or judge people, Do the right thing regardlessof the cost. They WILL GET OVER IT. LOL! In the end we all fail but that means we tried. Never stop trying. Without failure there is no learning. Without fear there is no courage.

So my favorite poem seems appropriate here....

 Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Last edited:

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    It's been a roller coaster for sure. After every dose of good news you feel like you can slay the dragon. After every bit of bad news you need a few days to absorb and process. Then one day you goto the store and the next you sit in the living room and the next you put the Christmas lights away then clean the yard and move on with life.

Then the roller coaster continues.

I'm a bit of a type A person. I gotta know all the info and have a plan. Then follow the rules and procedures and be aggressive when needed. It's always served ne well so that's the way I'm gonna play this. Make a plan and fight like he'll but prepare for the worst.

That last part scares the family. I'll never give up but forcing them to plan for the worst makes them think I am.

It ait so.

Even if this kills me I figure I got, hopefully, a couple years. If I can get 5 the wife will be completely out of debt.

It won't be fun and I've been near death before from an infection after surgery. It's scary as hell to not have control so you take it where you can.

Other than piss people off by being rigid arrogant, at times and crotchety I've never done anyone wrong. I could have probably said things nicer to people but I have never lied stole or cheated anyone. When ever I screwed up I owned it my self. No one had to come looking for who was responsible.

There have been dark days. Wondering why me. I never smoked and hadn't had a drink since I was 22 or so. So why do you get cancer like I have. The HPV part I get. I grew up in the 80s and had a girlfriend or 15 but the second type is a shocker. No one gets 2 different kinds of cancer in the same area.

It is appointed unto man a time to die so it will happen when its supposed to but don't expect me to go willingly. It will be kicking and screaming INDEED! Lol

So ya, be honest. Never hold grudges or judge people, Do the right thing regardlessof the cost. They WILL GET OVER IT. LOL!

So my favorite poem seems appropriate here....

 Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Words to live by!

Amen brother, Amen

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom