• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Then we took a stroll to discuss what life must have been like for the soldiers in camp; swampy hot and humid conditions plagued by mosquitoes, the edible bottoms of cat tails, having to run off to the briar patch to take a poop...and then I spotted a healthy snake about 15 feet off of the walking path. We talked about the heat sensing pits of one of the only pit vipers in North America and how they hunt their prey, their parthenogenetic ability to reproduce in the absence of egg fertilization and the fact that they give birth to live young, and that a bite from one of these will make for a VERY bad day. They asked me to catch the snake (I'll grab most snakes without much hesitation) but even I have my limits, so I showed them that these are very dangerous but typically non aggressive and that they'll warn you to stay away by showing their "cotton mouth" and rustling their tail, I sure hope they'll remember that should they ever need to.
    7657c8d51ba2dd1e6ba6db425ae0aeb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I always hated O'Hare. Not as much as LaGuardia, though. They were both really bad in different ways.

OK, folks, the floor is open. Let's hear your opinions -

Which major airport in the continental U.S. is the worst and why?
    For me it was Philadelphia and Newark are tied. There was filth everywhere. Toilets in bathroom overflowed, no paper towels etc. In both places I was never so glad to get on an airplane. The there are a number of regional airports that only have one flight per day. The worst was Gustavus on Island in Alaska. I had to go there to inspect Glacier National Park Buildings. Fly in at 4:00 one day and leave at4:30 the next. The gate area did not open until 45 minutes prior. All that was there was a bathroom, luggage check station and TSA. Best it the head before you went thru TSA because you were outside in a caged area waiting to board.

Top Bottom