Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY.

I"m
    1f64f.png
    that everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    My MIL with intermediate stage Alzheimer’s is staying with us for the holidays. It is tough to see her in this state. I’ve known her for almost 36 years. She will turn 73 in two weeks.

She is at the stage where she knows us and has old memories. She knows she has Alzheimer’s, but doesn’t realize how bad it truly is.

Yesterday, we went to a Thai restaurant for lunch. We ordered a Thai version of calamari. She ate 3 pieces, but asked what it was before each one because she hadn’t eaten it before.

We’ve been in this house for 12 1/2 years and I cannot tell you how many times she has visited. However, she has to ask where the restroom is every time she needs to go.

I don’t know how many times last evening we told her what the day was and that today was Thanksgiving. Each time, she was surprised that it was Thanksgiving already.

We’ve lost several family members to cancer over the years, but this is hard to watch.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I had what doctors said was a very rarely seen cancer and to top it off I had hishimotos. Im not sure which one was the main culprit. The doctor said the can er was wrapped around my treachea and the thyroid had grown and wrapped around my lungs.

Wow. My cancer was entirely different organ than thyroid. The thyroid had an adenoma growing that was pushing outward so it looked like I had two Adam’s apples, so it had to come out.

Top Bottom