• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I’m letting the front grow extra long right now, going to mulch it one last time. Probably Sunday. Maybe Saturday, but it’s been a good month since I’ve cut it. Seed pods are everywhere and it’s starting to look pretty trashy, but I haven’t had to seed my yard ever.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I’m letting the front grow extra long right now, going to mulch it one last time. Probably Sunday. Maybe Saturday, but it’s been a good month since I’ve cut it. Seed pods are everywhere and it’s starting to look pretty trashy, but I haven’t had to seed my yard ever.
    Cultivating crab grass are ya?

Lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bonus profanity time!

Wrong belt?

Sounds like he needs a belt of vodak...
    It's the correct belt. I finally figured it out after looking at the exploded view drawing of the deck lifting system. There are two very large springs at the rear of the deck that attach to brackets on the axle housing. One spring is worn out, the other one broke and fell off at some point. Might be why the deck belt broke as well.

I'm going to TSC tomorrow and pick up some springs. Or Lowes if TSC doesn't have any.

Those two springs pull the deck back to put tension on the belt when you lower the deck. The deck lifting system is also the blade engagement. When you raise the deck all the way up, it disengages the belt from the blades, and also engages the blade safety switch.

Those springs have been on there since 1994 to 1996! Time for some new springs!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I got a little bit more adjusting to do on the mower, then I'm calling it a day and beer-thirty is fixing to hit here at Casa Del Axxe!

shiner1.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Good evening!! We got great news about my father in law. He's doing better and should be able to come home in a day or two with oxygen. Fingers crossed I think we are all on the downhill stretch of this. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
    That's great news! Continued prayers JIC though.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think I'll stick to a simple walk behind mower. You guys always seem to be working on riding mowers.

I might upgrade to self propelled though. That said a nice forrest gump model would fit thru my gate

Top Bottom