• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Houston, the AR Rover is approaching the launch pad ...
    Eagle1.jpg Eagle2.jpg Eagle3.jpg Eagle4.jpg

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I hate to ask, but what is it going to be?

What is known as a MFT (Multi Function Table). A European concept that uses the Euro 32mm system of cabinetry, since the end of WW2.

Since retiring and closing my custom furniture/cabinet shop and selling all my big iron, needed something that can be stored in a limited space (my "two wall shop" here at the lake house, which is more than likely my last stand woodworking endeavor); it is portable (all parts fit inside the table), and can also be setup quickly.

Based on the a fellow contractor/remodeler named Ron Paulk who is well known for his mobile woodshop, as, like me, he also did much of the onsite work himself.

It's my version, dimensioned to fit into my outdoor sheds. It uses 'bench dogs' for many woodworking tasks like clamping and precision cutting, and is quite handy for plunge track saw technology like Festool makes.

Versatile and capable of great precision I've been using the technology for almost 20 years in both a shop environment and on construction sites.

Perfect for a retired woodworker who just damned well ain't gonna quit ...

You asked. ;)

Eagle5.jpg

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    What is known as a MFT (Multi Function Table). A European concept that uses the Euro 32mm system of cabinetry, since the end of WW2.

Since retiring and closing my custom furniture/cabinet shop and selling all my big iron, needed something that can be stored in a limited space (my "two wall shop" here at the lake house, which is more than likely my last stand woodworking endeavor); it is portable (all parts fit inside the table), and can also be setup quickly.

Based on the a fellow contractor/remodeler named Ron Paulk who is well known for his mobile woodshop, as, like me, he also did much of the onsite work himself.

It's my version, dimensioned to fit into my outdoor sheds. It uses 'bench dogs' for many woodworking tasks like clamping and precision cutting, and is quite handy for plunge track saw technology like Festool makes.

Versatile and capable of great precision I've been using the technology for almost 20 years in both a shop environment and on construction sites.

You asked. ;)

View attachment 252961
    That's actually really cool!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

You asked. ;)

View attachment 252961

Very cool.

You called it a "rover", that's what had me asking.
    But being that it's portable, it makes sense.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

You asked. ;)

View attachment 252961

Remind me to ask you a few question in a day, or four.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Finished my Trash Can Screen. Simple L shaped fence to code. Just under 400 dollars in materials. Wood is fraking expensive. That's about 52 inches x 8 feet. Looks different from this angle.

It was a pathfinder type job to experiment with how I would build a full fence to code since I've never done that particular fence style. For the 2 sections of fence that need to be code cause they face the street I will need two gates and will use pressure treated 2x4s for rails and not 2x3 fence rails. They start bowing and twisting pretty quick. One 2x6 on the bottom, a 2x4 top rail and 2 2x4 middle rails instead of one mainly for gate hardware and hinges. Much sturdier than the crap that's there. One section needing replaced is right behind it and screaming for attention.

Oh, I used about 30 bucks of screws too. No nails on this fence. That bastard is put together. I will also use a 2x6 top cap instead of 2x4. Just for more surface to attach it to.

Now a weather sealant and I'll be all set.

20210420_184304.jpg

Top Bottom