mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fa.mwapp.net%2Fp%2Fpic.gif%3Fxinput%3D100719534.jpg
      25.6 KB · Views: 296

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I'm so appreciative of good news lately.
    What is the boy's name? (First name)
    I'd like to give thanks.
    Aleksander, it's an old Polish name from my mom's side of the family.

I'd like to thank you guys again for all the well wishes and prayers. I have no doubt it made a huge difference. It certainly is nice to have the support.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    He's not totally out of the woods, but he's making good progress. He still has pulmonary hypertension, so he's going to be under close observation until that starts coming down a bit. It isn't supposed to be permanent, so we're hoping that oxygen treatment and meds will keep it under control until it starts to resolve. Otherwise it should be able to be corrected with more procedures.
    Pulmonary hypertension is a typical side effect of the heart issues he was born with. His body hasn't adapted to having blood pumping normally through the lungs like it should have this whole time.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    He's not totally out of the woods, but he's making good progress. He still has pulmonary hypertension, so he's going to be under close observation until that starts coming down a bit. It isn't supposed to be permanent, so we're hoping that oxygen treatment and meds will keep it under control until it starts to resolve. Otherwise it should be able to be corrected with more procedures.
    Pulmonary hypertension is a typical side effect of the heart issues he was born with. His body hasn't adapted to having blood pumping normally through the lungs like it should have this whole time.
    Hang in there. I know is its tough on everybody. Like Vaq said, we ain't through praying yet.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Back in the early '90s, me and another lady took a required emergency procedures class and learned how to use all the oxygen stuff and heart monitors and shit so my babysitter's 9mo old could finally come home. He was 4-5 premature. He did fine. Grew fast and healthy.
    And the best part is, they have gotten even better. I'm sure young Aleksander will do fine.
    P.S. we still want updates.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Dye, my godson was a premie as well. He fought coming into the world. He had a rough first few years, and endured quite a few surgeries to correct some issues from being born premature. His parents, were some of my oldest and dearest friends, named him, Chance. It was a very fitting name. All he needed in life was a chance. He has grown into a fine young man, married and has two beautiful little girls of his own. Sadly, I was a pallbearer at both of his parents funerals just a few years ago.

So there may be some rough times ahead for little Aleksander, but give him a chance, I think he's going to be just fine. Continued prayers anyways.

Top Bottom