• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Post Hoars, I have a dog who has scratched herself to where she finally has drawn blood. Technically she’s my daughter’s dog, and my daughter has taken her to the vet for steroids, allergy meds, etc. She has soaked the dog in coconut oil and tried different foods.

Any ideas appreciated. The poor thing is suffering.

I had a Rottie with similar issues, none of the steroids or expensive creams and ointments helped. Sounds odd but what we finally found that gave her some relief was hydro-therapy in warm water with an Oatmeal shampoo.
    Something about the oatmeal eased her itching.
    Hope it works for yours!
    Venture Surplus ad

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Post Hoars, I have a dog who has scratched herself to where she finally has drawn blood. Technically she’s my daughter’s dog, and my daughter has taken her to the vet for steroids, allergy meds, etc. She has soaked the dog in coconut oil and tried different foods.

You say she's tried different foods, what exactly was different about them? Some dogs are allergic to different things in dog foods, such as corn, or maybe the chicken by products. Other than that and what she's already done, I got nothing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Good morning.

Had the dog spayed yesterday and removed the cone they put on her head as soon as she got home. I'll need to keep a watch on her today as she recovers from the surgery.
    Every time I see the plastic cones mentioned, I will post this.
    Highly recommend instead.
    Dog wont hit doorjambs, etc.
    Access to food and water bowls is much better.

Dog Cone Collar for Small Medium Large Dogs After Surgery, Inflatable Dog Neck Donut Collar, Adjustable Dog Cone, E-Collar for Dogs Recovery, Soft Dog Cones Alternative, Protective Pet Cones for Dogs https://a.co/d/8aBa58o

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I had a Rottie with similar issues, none of the steroids or expensive creams and ointments helped. Sounds odd but what we finally found that gave her some relief was hydro-therapy in warm water with an Oatmeal shampoo.
    Something about the oatmeal eased her itching.
    Hope it works for yours!
    Was going to say oatmeal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

Maybe she has a skin condition that causes the itching? Hope the vet figures out what is wrong and it's not too serious.

Top Bottom