Join TexasGunTalk

NSFW: Super Post Whore Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texas1911, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Honda Pilot. The kids couldn't kill it.

2. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Neighbor has one and loves it. Not sure I want to go that big but I do like them also.

3. SQLGeek

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Thanks Cam.

4. EZ-E

EZ-E III%er TGT Supporter

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    SQL , hopefully your insurance takes care of ya. As for new cars dont get a Chevy with the 3.6l, they are bad news.
    I'd stick to a Honda or Toyota like you mentioned. Or just blow the budget & go get a new F150 :green:

5. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's a car, now if it was a motorcycle...... The main thing is that everyone is ok, a car is just a vehicle and the next won't be your last I'm sure.

SQLGeek and Texasgordo like this.
  6. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Not with the way he drives......

EZ-E, toddnjoyce and pronstar like this.
  7. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not really a car person, I'm sure you can't tell, but since I've had this POC rental, I'll be glad to get my car back tomorrow.

8. kenboyles72

kenboyles72 Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Was in a wreck couple years ago, guy T-boned me speeding out of his drive and didn't look my direction. I was traveling on a highway going about 60, which was the speed limit, noticed the car coming down the drive and I knew he wasn't gonna slow down or stop. Son was in passenger seat and I remember saying "hold on, he's not going to stop". I was in the outside lane and made a quick change to the inside, he hit me in a slight angle and sent me in a 360 spin. Luckily my old dirt track training kicked in and negotiated the spin out without incident. The other guy was older acura integra and I knew if I stayed in the outside lane, I would hit him head on and probably would have died on impact, so I let him hit me. When I finally came to a stop, looked behind me at the car and his front end was completely gone. The vehicle I was driving was a 2001 dodge ram 1500 extended cab and figured the whole passenger side of the truck was totaled, but miraculously it wasn't, just my step bar was broke loose, back tire was torn and bottom of the door was mildly gouged. Seemed that the step bar took all the hit, since the guys car was so low to the ground. This my friend is why I drive a truck :D Straightened up the step bar and bolted it back up, still not fixed the doors, don't see any real need to do so yet.

Pic of truck
    Q6WLxWm.jpg

9. SQLGeek

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    You're right of course. The timing could be better financially of course but when is there ever a good time to total a vehicle?

And Dawico, ouch. :(

10. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Glad you are alright and had to mess with you. Forum rules demand it.

Live and learn.

Texasgordo, easy rider and SQLGeek like this.