Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not worth starting its own thread and I didn't take a picture because I didn't realize what was going on until I was past the scene.

I saw more vultures in one place than I've ever seen before this morning. On 2920, east of Kuykendahl, in the ditch in front of a real estate office, there was what appeared to me to be a pretty large 6-point buck obviously killed by a car during the night. There shouldn't be a deer this far from any woods; it's a totally developed area. What was amazing was the vultures fighting over the carcass. There were easily over 50 of them, hanging out all over the place, with a few feeding, a few fighting to be next, and most of them just biding their time as they waited their turn. If I had stopped to count, I wouldn't have been surprised if there were 100 of the birds.

A sight like that in this citified area was just weird.

Wish I had gone back to take a picture.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    USAF Thunderbirds dancing overhead. Air traffic has been heavy around here lately, makes me smile to see these pilots have a little fun.
    a12ff84495410ce323ca16c8c5a4f3da.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Not worth starting its own thread and I didn't take a picture because I didn't realize what was going on until I was past the scene.

I saw more vultures in one place than I've ever seen before this morning. On 2920, east of Kuykendahl, in the ditch in front of a real estate office, there was what appeared to me to be a pretty large 6-point buck obviously killed by a car during the night. There shouldn't be a deer this far from any woods; it's a totally developed area. What was amazing was the vultures fighting over the carcass. There were easily over 50 of them, hanging out all over the place, with a few feeding, a few fighting to be next, and most of them just biding their time as they waited their turn. If I had stopped to count, I wouldn't have been surprised if there were 100 of the birds.

Common sight at estate sales when a gun dork goes to the big range in the sky.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

vulture's natures clean-up crew!

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skaggs22
    Top Bottom