• ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i deal with whistleblowers in the federal government on a daily basis

many of them use the WB deal to shield themselves from their own poor performance or misconduct

i'm not doubting that the NSA watches Americans - but i have a hard time believing they have the time/resources to watch EVERY single American

so without knowing the full deal behind the WB - i'll reserve judgement on this story for later

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I definitely agree that we don't know what "watch" means. Is it filtered near/real time, what is looked at, who is looked at, is it stored, etc.

I'm just saying its at least anecdotal confirmation that the NSA is actively violating the 4th amendment.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Not a surprise. Government has been monitoring citizens since the creation. Good luck stopping it when people support the USA Patriot Act and other nonsense which gives the government permission to snoop.

Never broadcast anything controversial over the www or via cell phone. Even beer drinkin conversations at a BBQ with buddies broadcast over the airwaves via cell phone might be deemed worthy of listening. Keep your "what if" scenarios to in person chats. Shame it has to be that way.

I think we are growing into a bunch of scared pansies who want the .gov to protect us from our shadows.

Not a fan of gubment snooping.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    **** em. I the most interesting lazy guy they've ever watched!

So many people are so full of hot air, makes you wonder how they separate the wheat from the chaff.

Probably close to 100% of my ramblings are just that: ramblings. :)

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    i deal with whistleblowers in the federal government on a daily basis

many of them use the WB deal to shield themselves from their own poor performance or misconduct

i'm not doubting that the NSA watches Americans - but i have a hard time believing they have the time/resources to watch EVERY single American

so without knowing the full deal behind the WB - i'll reserve judgement on this story for later

It doesn't even require a lot of manpower, just a lot of computing power: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_farming

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not a surprise. Government has been monitoring citizens since the creation. Good luck stopping it when people support the USA Patriot Act and other nonsense which gives the government permission to snoop.

Never broadcast anything controversial over the www or via cell phone. Even beer drinkin conversations at a BBQ with buddies broadcast over the airwaves via cell phone might be deemed worthy of listening. Keep your "what if" scenarios to in person chats. Shame it has to be that way.

I think we are growing into a bunch of scared pansies who want the .gov to protect us from our shadows.

It goes deeper than that. Using your contacts from cell and email, they can use other sources like utility usage to figure out who's visiting whom...

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX

You are right on the mark with this. We have become (generally) a very wussified country, scared of everything and expecting big Uncle Sam to protect us.
    Additionally, it drives me insane when someone says "That's ok, let them spy. I have nothing to hide". It's about the PRINCIPLE.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom