• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

The National Rifle Association is a shadow of its former self. The depredations of Wayne LaPierre have left a lasting scar on the organization and while it's entirely possible for it to regain it's former clout and even surpass that degree of influence, it has a lot of work to do before we get to that point.

A piece by Doug Hamlin, the executive vice president and CEO of the NRA, suggests that he thinks it is.

This is why, in my short time now as your association’s executive vice president/CEO, the message I have been bringing to those who will report what we say honestly is that now is the time for an NRA homecoming.

Hamlin goes on to note the many things the NRA does that have nothing to do with lobbying, and these are all valid and vital.

But is that enough of a reason why anyone should rejoin the NRA, to answer Hamlin's call for a homecoming?

Good question(s). It took years to screw up the NRA and former members and those potential new ones will wait and see if the reforms take place.

Attachments

• doughamlin.jpg
      doughamlin.jpg
      29.3 KB · Views: 32

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Other than to observe the former leadership, and nominating committee, performing seppuku, I would not consider it a proper homecoming.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

The National Rifle Association is a shadow of its former self. The depredations of Wayne LaPierre have left a lasting scar on the organization and while it's entirely possible for it to regain it's former clout and even surpass that degree of influence, it has a lot of work to do before we get to that point.

A piece by Doug Hamlin, the executive vice president and CEO of the NRA, suggests that he thinks it is.

Hamlin goes on to
    note the many things the NRA does that have nothing to do with lobbying, and these are all valid and vital.

But is that enough of a reason why anyone should rejoin the NRA, to answer Hamlin's call for a homecoming?

Good question(s). It took years to screw up the NRA and former members and those potential new ones will wait and see if the reforms take place.
    I am with the NRA for the sole reason they support and fund youth programs such as many of the groups I have taken part in. I feel more members will come as the shooting sport is increasing in the youth market and many families are encouraged to join the NRA which most have done.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I read his "article" in the Shooting Illustrated magazine I get from the NRA. I didn't find anything that suggests he's gotten to the bottom of the rotten apple barrel and is fixing it. In fact, what I've seen so far says its business as usual as long as it remains hidden from public view. Still waiting for an independent audit of all records including financial, legal and contractual. My money goes to GOA and FPC whenever Brandon leaves any at the end of the month.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I read his "article" in the Shooting Illustrated magazine I get from the NRA. I didn't find anything that suggests he's gotten to the bottom of the rotten apple barrel and is fixing it. In fact, what I've seen so far says its business as usual as long as it remains hidden from public view. Still waiting for an independent audit of all records including financial, legal and contractual. My money goes to GOA and FPC whenever Brandon leaves any at the end of the month.
    No...not enough rotten apples have been removed....yet.....totally agree...

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Lots of doublespeak from the new boss ( hopefully not the same as the old boss).

Needs to stop dancing around the pilfering that took place under WLP , apologize for it, and take actions that ensure it never happens again while making those actions public.
    The fact that this has not taken place is evidence there is no meaningful change at the nra, just business as usual.

Top Bottom