• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    Hello TGT,
    I became a NRA Life member about a decade ago. Lived away from my residential address, so I never saw it much, just had it thrown away by family members. Now that I'm back for a while I want it to stop. I receive all that garbage mail from the NRA to this day. Is there a way I can unsubscribe to the Win a blah blah gun raffle and the other "send more money" crap they mail. I searched "unsubscribe" just incase anyone asked before on the forum. Thanks I appreciate it if y'all know how to stop the spam. I am talking about physical mail NOT Email by the way. Thanks, HtownARAK

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Damn, I can't even remember how I stopped the mailings, but I did... Used to get loads of it, did something online, and it all stopped. The only mailing I receive from NRA is The American Rifleman.

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    Charlie, the site you link did take me to my account which I have never seen. I was sadly not able to do anything meaningful there other than switch American rifleman mag to digital. Thanks though.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If any of their stuff comes with postage paid envelopes, you could just mail them a blank envelope.
    ^^^^^ This.
    Except I would use a Sharpie on one of their forms to say: "STOP. No more mail solicitations to the address!" Stuff that in there and send it back.

In my experience, they are agreeable to feedback. When they were calling me all the time for donations, I told them "Look, you only call when you want money. It's too much." They agreed to stop and I have had VERY FEW calls since then.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I wonder how much more money would they have if they didn't do all the printing and postage? Seems like I was getting too much mail from them.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    oxDLYOl6YAH3-jA7KrE78eDG5CZv37Xb-ilobDCV5h8.jpg

texas yankee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    USPS Form 1500 will stop ANY mail that you do not want coming to your home. The form was originally put in place to stop sexually explicit mail, but the only one that can determine whether or not something is sexually explicit is the person filling out the form - in other words, YOU. Also, while to folks at your local Post Office won't know about the form and will likely question you about submitting it ("NRA mail is sexually suggestive"?), bypass the local PO and just mail the form to the address on the form. The Prohibitory Order issued by the PO will stop the mail you're trying to stop very quickly.

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    I used to hate getting junk mail. No more. I bought a decent paper shredder for under $100 that cross-cuts paper and cardboard into confetti. I use that confetti as a component in making compost for my veggie gardens. Just wish there was a way to do that with spam email.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    I tear it in half and toss it out. When Wayne LaPeirre is out and gone I'll reconsider rejoining. He spends too much of the company money on himself. FH

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom